LA- Cayuse Dinner- 3/15 Firenze Osteria- Toluca Lake

Here is the list of Attendees: I would cap it at 10, but as several people want a +1, lets just keep it at 12.

Eric Kitei +1
Arnold Caplan +1
Scott W +1
Shane T.
Mike Stoneking +1
Steve Anderson
Marc Simon +1 (No Girls works for me unless there are any objections)

Everyone who responds from this point forward will be on the waitlist.

Now comes the question of where? Does anyone have a suggestion. Looks like most people are located over the hill, so maybe Studio City “ish”.

Marc, No Girls sounds great to me.

If nobody can host, how about Mastro’s? Any excuse for some of that warm butter cake has my vote!

Here are my thoughts so we can try a couple from a few vineyards. Let me know your feedback.

Eric +1- 07 En Chamberlin (+ either 08 or 09 En Chamberlin or another GOK)
Arnold +1- 11 Cailloux, 11 Lovers
Scott- 09 Armada, 10 GOK
Shane- Any of the Frogs
Mike +1- 09 & 10 Cailloux
Steve- 05 Armada
Marc +1- 2 No Girls (you pick the years)

We will have the following:

1 Frog
05 & 09 Armada
09,10,11 Cailloux
11 Lovers
07 En Chamberlin
10 GOK
2 No Girls

And I will either throw in another EC or GOK depending on my +1 which may end up being my wife or David (on the thread) if he can get here from AZ with another GOK.

Please let me know your thoughts as I winged it based on the responses above and am completely open to other suggestions. Also, any suggestions for the restaurant. Mastros is an option for sure, but could get pretty pricey.

You guys should do Korean BBQ with the wines.

Mistral in Sherman Oaks?

El Paso BBQ in Tarzana? (it’s dry rub or sauce on the side) so it works with wine

Just saw this. Please add me to the list if possible, with a +1 maybe. Are you focusing on the Cayuse Rhone varietals only?

Mik, you are first on the wait list. Have to cap it at 12. Anything Cayuse will do.

Thanks Eric, wish I saw this sooner but just let me know. I have Cayuse going back to 2004, so a lot of good options depending on what people want.

I will def let you know if anyone drops out. Thanks for understanding.

Keep in mind corkage, if we have 11-12 bottles @ $15-25 per bottle, that adds up…
Speaking about Mastro’s, up until they got bought out, I could have got free corkage in Beverly Hills, I still maybe able to but I am not sure. I am 99% sure I can still do it at Mastro’s Thousand Oaks… That’s if everyone wants to spend that much and drive that far, but if you factor in the free corkage, that saves $175-300…

Also, I’m not sure if they still have it or not, but a long time ago Cafe Bizou in Sherman Oaks had low or no corkage… Maybe it’s worth a call?

I’m up for anything, just some suggestions.

I’m not opposed to Mastros T.O, but my fear is that it may not be central enough for everyone. Anyone else want to weigh in? Where is everyone coming from? That might be the best place to start. I’m in Studio City.

Ventura, so everything is a drive. Except 1000 Oaks Mastros. [highfive.gif]

Sherman Oaks, so Mistral is very close but to Marks point the corkage is $20 per…I am open for anything [drinkers.gif]

Go ahead and wait list me for this one.

Got a hall pass from the boss so I will try to make it out!

Danny, you are officially wait listed. David, my wife will be a bit upset, but you can be my +1. Should be a fun night.

Marc,

Did you confirm if you can get the corkage waved at Mastros BH and/or T.O?

If that is where we want to go, I will find out and let you know.

Marc, No one else has given any further input and that seems like a solid option so unless anyone has an objection I say we go for it (assuming the corkage is waived). If it’s not we should prob choose something a bit less expensive.

Mastros Thousand Oaks will waive 6 bottles, so assuming we have 12 people and 12 bottles, it will be $150, divided by 12, that’s $12.50 per person…

Other than that, there’s not many place that the corkage will be any cheaper than that… There’s only two other places I can think of, one is where we had an offline a couple months ago, Lazy Dog in Thousand Oaks, they have free corkage… And the other place, is Cafe Bizou in Sherman Oaks, they have $2 corkage…

Lemme know either way so I can tell my guy.