JERK!

Jerk chicken or shrimp gets similar at our house - Huet Le Haut Lieu demi-sec ('08) or moelleux ('09). The '09 moelluex is a bit more tart than the '08, but an '08 moelleux does the job well also. The best of the Huets IMO is the '02 Clos du Bourg moelleux. It’s just starting to develop good secondary flavors and it’s not as sweet as it’s more recent cousins. That teeny-tiny hint of the feel of white pepper in Huets seems to mix well with jerk shrimp.

It’s curious that OP was the only one who mentioned riesling. That’d be my first choice with any spicy food, and with a light meat like chicken, that’s going to go all the better.

If white: Grüner Veltliner DAC (Weinviertel/Austria) -
if red: Blaufränkisch DAC (Mittelburgenland/Austria)

I like the Blaufrankisch idea, but I’d likely reach for rose too. I’d also consider Vinho Verde (possibly the first time I’ve typed that sentence, but this is not a pairing for a subtle wine - whatever you get will be pretty well wiped out by the food anyway, so I would just want something refreshing that tastes good).

2007 Weingut Battenfeld-Spanier Riesling trocken
7/3/2015: Loved this wine in its youth and really hung in there with 8 years in cellar. First whiff after unscrewing bottle was a slight oxidation but blew off quickly. Had a scant amount of fruit but for the most part was citrusy, acidic and dry. Paired wonderfully with jerk chicken. Quality stuff.

Great pairing on this night. Did feel like it was nearing the end of its useful life though.

Bump [berserker.gif]
Outdoor neighborhood gathering of 10-12 in the late June wet sauna of South FL.
These folks are not wine connoisseurs.
They will appreciate something tasty and affordable (like at Costco) which they can quaff all summer.

Pina coladas and margaritas for jerk chicken IMO.

For wine, Vinho Verde. It’s cheap and good enough.

Scotty, I’d do some affordable Brut bubbly and some wheat beers with citrus. If it is going to be hot and humid, then these are what I would think could hit a nice balance for all palates.

Never in the field of human consumption was so much owed by so many to so few.

Although the sweetness of the Reislings may temper some of the flavours - I would go the other way. Maybe a Saumur or Chinon would be something to try. To my mind the sweetness and acidity of Reisling goes well - but it may detract from the flavours of the chicken. I would wamt to have something that reinforces their character.

Just took our first trip to thr Caribbean last week. Eating Jerk chicken at beachfront Restaunts in Nevis, paired with rum punch. Looking forward to making it at home. Will look for the white Chinon to go with it.

Why don’t you pre-game dinner with a few margaritas and then every wine will pair with said dinner!