"Illinois sends over 100 cease and desist letters"

Illinois has joined PA on my list of states to which I will never move.

Here’s hoping David sees to it that Mr. Diamond’s face meets the back end of a Divvy bike.

Damn, makes you long for the days of Al Capon. A couple of broken knees would fix this in a hurry.

FIFY…

i’d say this is getting bad for IL Wine consumers. I was just contacted by Vinfolio in San Fran that they are no longer shipping to IL (they were holding one of my orders). They said it’s primarily due to the law suits being raised against out of state wine retailers. This is more related to the tax issue. This is the 4th wine merchant I purchase through that has stopped shipping to IL as of Jan 1. winelibary is out, WineExchange, K&L, Vinfolio…who knows who else will go.

I’d like to write a letter to state representatives but I don’t have enough info or even know what to ask them to change to make this better for IL wine consumers.

Fedex Office
9740 76th St #104,
Pleasant Prairie, WI 53158

Hypothetically, if one were to store their wines at multi-state storage facility. Could one simply open a locker in a more friendly state and receive wine there? Then couldn’t one transfer their possessions to the state of residence and their other locker without concern?

guess that’s a grey area. Not even supposed to drive the wine across state lines. What country is this again?

Buy 3 or 4 WineChecks from Todd and a ticket on Virgin America. Baggage fees are the best deal around for 4 bags or more.

Not that I know any of this, just pure conjecture of course…

[cheers.gif] neener

Done.

Hey I’d like to request names not be used when someone benefits. But do report the bummers.

Will FedEx Office accept UPS packages as well? Do you need to visit the store in advance to rent a mailbox and make arrangements? Thanks.

Deleted.

This

My bad. Wacked it.

No. FedEx Shop and Print places in DC will reject UPS deliveries. Just arrange for the shipper to use FedEx.

shipped as “Hold for Pickup”

Add BP (Blicker- Pierce) Wine to the list of those who are no longer able to ship to Illinois.

Any others to report that have not yet been mentioned??

Rare Wine Co isn’t shipping anymore. Most of the other retailers I had open orders with are; this is the first issue I’ve run into.

The next Greece may be in the U.S.

When Chicago Public Schools announced on June 24 that it would borrow $1 billion to make a $600 million-plus pension payment due June 30 an eerie feeling spread across bond investors and taxpayers alike.

It was the same feeling that gripped investors when Moody’s Investors Service downgraded Chicago’s credit rating to junk based almost entirely on the city’s pension problems…