Iceland bound - restaurant recs

Iceland bound today. Appreciate all of the great feedback from everyone. I made reservations at Dill, Grillmarkadurrin and Fiskfellagid. I’ll post my thoughts on them afterwards.

dont forget Dill’s little brother - around the corner from them. Hverfisgata 12
fun place for lunch or dinner.

Quick update. Dill is phenomenal. Absolutely fantastic meal. Yes it’s pricey but by God was it delicious. Wine pairing was also fantastic. Will do a more in depth review later but consider me sold on it.

Also great recommendation about the no name pizza joint in the same building. And the fact that they have the Mikkeller & Friends pub in the same building is kind of surreal.

Thanks. Yeah dill and HV 12 is same owner. Dill as you said is easily world class. The pizza place is heavenly in the other way. Enjoy!

Just back for Iceland. Go to The Lebowski Bar in Reykjavik, hamburgers are great dude.

Also Braud & Co in Reykjavik is the best bakery I’ve every been to, we went back 3 days in a row.

I also visited many hot dog stands and was rarely disappointed.

The Red House (Rauða Húsið) is Eyrarabakki has great lobster if your in the area.

Walked by Braud & Co this morning and it smelled divine. Hitting that up tomorrow.

Just finished up at Grillmarket. The setup is gorgeous. Feels more like NYC than Iceland. Food is very good as long as you stay with the native fare. I had the rack of lamb and it was perfectly done. Wife went with steak which was ok. Overall very good experience but just felt a little out of place. Tough spot though coming after Dill.

The grillmarket horse steak is excellent. Tastes like amazing beef

Tried to talk her into ordering the horse steak. She did not go for it. Of course she had spent 30 minutes after lunch petting Icelandic horses and taking pictures of them so I knew it was a long shot, but try I did all the same.

LOL yeah well… it is worth trying. Over the Lamb IMO for that matter

Hit up Braud & Co this morning. What a treat!
IMG_1098.JPG