I want a room in NV for one night, not part ownership of hotel

Because we know EVERYONE reads the Travel Forum. I have a smiley for the person who reported the thread, too bad it was banned. BTW, did they report the other poor soul looking for lodging help in Wine Talk? Talk about people who need a life. Sheesh.

There are plenty of threads with 3 or more pages, and my thread on our forthcoming trip to Spain and France had a TON of great info - it belongs here, so let’s drive more people here with your fantastic thread, ok? [cheers.gif]

I’m reading and looking for posts of wisdom!

(Nancy, ignore this one)

Come on Brian! This totally belongs in Travel. Have you not checked www.bemydd.com/napa? You can find a solution to your travel concerns, and still have fun in St Helena/Napa and not drive your vehicle. Let me know if you need any more info for rides.

I’m jealous cuz I would LOVE to hang with you, Morgan, Tegan and all tasting some killer old vine shizzle! Be safe bro!

Bone

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ and +

I could get by but SHE is not sleeping in the car or RV or driving to freaking Vallejo to get car-jacked or shot at. She likely will not drink much but I don’t want to have to have her worry about staying straight up clean if she can instead imbibe more in some great wines. We’ve driven home after the wine train before. Would just rather not if we can help it.

No, I really am reading and want to learn about the wisdom of navigating Priceline et al to narrow down to actual hotels. Brilliant.

Brian, if I lived there, I would invite you and your wife to camp out. Any luck with Priceline or Hotwire?

Yes and no. Depends a lot on actual circumstances.

Basically, keep keys out of ignition (put them in glove box) and don’t sleep in the driver’s seat and you’ll be fine.

+1 as I’ve heard it. Key is keys out of the ignition and out of sight. Then don’t be behind the wheel to seal the deal.

Try http://www.biddingfortravel.com and http://www.betterbidding.com

Both websites have people like you and me reporting on their Priceline and Hotwire winning bids. You may or may not find a pattern, but if everyone is getting the same 4* hotel for $95 in Little Rock (or any other city), you’re likely to get the same if you bid. Hotwire will tell you the price of a hotel. If you like it and buy it, then they’ll reveal the hotel to you.
If you want to save some $$$, go to Priceline and bid 10% less than Hotwire. I’ve done this many times and have saved money. In all my years of bidding, I’ve been burnt (or corked in wine terms) only twice.

dup

My husband is good at bidding so I will show him this info.

Thanks, Dan.

Better bidding is great.

We’re staying at Motel 6 in Napa and will likely call a cab for the ride back to the hotel. $109 and no two-night requirement, although I’m thinking about adding a 2nd night anyway.

Doing the same

Bring your own sheets and pillow cases. Trust me. You will sleep much better.

That post left me feeling dirty, sticky, itchy. [barf1.gif]

so po’d. I was looking all over Uber’s website to find if there was service in Napa while we were there so we can take it out to dinner. Didn’t see anything. When we get to the restaurant, I see an uber drive right by -_-