Hotdogs and wine.

Veal!

While you could serve Zin or Syrah, I don’t think they’ll actually compliment a grilled hot dog. I agree with the suggestion of Riesling (or Gewurz. or a crisp Chenin, esp. if it’s a chicken sausage), or a dry rose.

Bruce

Inspired, I just went to our local butcher a bought some kosher hot dogs to throw on the grill tomorrow after the beach (real charcoal, forecast of clear and 88 degrees).
I may try Riesling, Rose and Syrah [cheers.gif]

Champagne! One of our favorite places in London is Bubbledogs; that’s right, a restaurant specializing in Champagne and hot dogs.

James Knappett, the owner/chef, also cooks dinner nightly in the kitchen (Kitchen Table) for 19 people. No hot dogs back there, but a great, great dining experience

My daughter (she was turing 11) wanted grilled dogs for a small party with friends. I needed wine. Opened an '11 WS Ferrington Pinot. It was a great combo!

just got teased a lot.

I would let the toppings and or sides dictate the wine pairing. The bigger and bolder, kraut/horseradish/onion, the bigger the wine I would use. If lighter and brighter like just stadium mustard/relish, I would go bright white or rose. We drink wine with most everything but there are some times beer is a better match.

Sounds like you have a great tradition going and Arcadian Syrah at that age has to pair with as many things any PN would.

Champagne pretty much goes with everything.

Bruce

The last time I ate a hot dog, I got sick. Never got sick on Champagne.

Then you haven’t been trying hard enough.

Bruce

We did Henri Goutorbe Grand Cru Brut Rose Champagne with our dogs tonight.
Yellow mustard and Vidalia Onion relish

Must not have been a real hotdog then. You probably ate a listeria dog instead. [cheers.gif]

No pictures?