Help identifying this decanter

List Price:
$364.99
Our Price:
$280.99
You Save:
$84.00!

My preference is for thrift shop decanters. People get them as wedding gifts and don’t know what to do with them, so they donate them. I picked up a Tiffany one a few years ago for $5 or $10.

Wow! Great idea. Do you go in person or online?

Sorry for thread drift. Is there a garage sale / thrift shop thread?

I don’t know any thrift shops that are on line. But decanters are VERY common items in those places.

Some friends of mine gifted me a Tiffany decanter many, many years ago. “We received seven decanters when we got married and only gave away five, so we still have one extra,” my friend explained (presumably with a bit of hyperbole).

At Home Goods this week, I saw a very nice etched decanter from the Kew Botanical Gardens for about $25. That’s more than I’m used to paying, but it was quite pretty. If I didn’t already have 10+ decanters, I’d have grabbed it.

I use a Juliska water pitcher, easy peasy to clean.

I use this

A stopper does not necessarily make the decanter made for spirits. I would say a spirits decanter must have a stopper, but plenty of new and antique wine decanters had/have stoppers…just look at the decanter in question.

Larry at Tercero uses flasks and beakers in his tasting room.

Those have gotten more popular (around LA at least). I have one myself. Holds a magnum with room to spare.

So, should we call Larry’s tasting room his “Tasting Lab”?