Gourmet food at...airports!

Denver has the Denver chophouse and I think it’s called chef tony or something like that. Both in A gates with the chef place losing a bit of quality in the last few years.

While we are on this topic, there is a great app called Gate Guru. I team it up with flighttracker. FT tells me what gate I will be landing and taking off from and GG tells me the food located all through the airport complete with reviews. I have found some great places this way including some great Mediterranean a few weeks ago at an airport which sadly the location now escapes me.

And lastly if UAL or CO @ DEN IAH and ORD are airports you travel to and you do not have United Club access please feel free to FourSquare friend me. I am amazed how many times I bump into someone I know when I am at an airport. I fly quite a bit and would be happy to get you into the lounge to make your layover a little more cozy

Are you taking about the Zov’s in the food court? If so they now have an opening soon sign. The rest of the food court is in full swing with Subway, Pinkberry some hot dog place and a Pei Wei which opened yesterday. The head of airport relations for Pei Wei is here and said they have big plans to expand into more airports. Never had bacon in my fried rice. Or ever had fried rice at 5am but I am not complaining.

Also the person at Pei Wei told me they are testing an app at MSP to deliver food to you at the gate. Not sure about the gourmet part on that one

Was chatting with one of the owners of Zovs last night at their Irvine restaurant and sounds like an “express” type store in food court and they are also opening a full sit down restaurant possibly outside of security. Been going to Zovs for 20+ years and their food is very good and especially like their house salad with feta, cucumber and a caper vinagrette.

Tortas is simply awesome. I was booking some flights the other day and almost opted for the connection through ORD just to grab a one of these tortas.

Andale (taqueria) at SFO. It’s not as good as those in Palo Alto and Los Gatos, but pretty good for an airport.

Does Heathrow still have Chez Gerard?

I almost missed a flight waiting for one a few weeks ago.

Will take about 15 mins for your order to be processed.

Leslie

SNA Folks.

Oasis is no more. Same with the sandwich shop near it.

Happy to report it will become a Rubys! I for one am a fan of their breakfast options at LAX

More from SNA

Just ate at Javis. What a pleasant surprise. I had some chilliquilles. The other dishes around me all looked good as well. They open at 5:30 am and said they can get you out in time for the big 7am push.

This. Best addition to MIA ever

Had breakfast there yesterday. A great addition

Long layover Weds dinnertime SFO, what would be the call folks?

What terminal Glenn? International has some nice spots. You just don’t want to have to go through security twice.

Food wise, not a bad airport to get stuck at.

I mentioned it earlier in thread, do not prefer this over friends, but, in a pinch works great:

Hope your dinner is enjoyable!

Leslie

La Caretta at MIA rocks. I always try to catch a meal there before coming back.

They have a kitchen that cooks vaca frita to order…just in case you’re not satisfied with lamb shanks in red wine, roast pork, or ropa vieja in the prepared food line.

Better than most Cuban places in LA.

I’m not a fan of Bayless’ Tortas - too much of a carb fest, didn’t think the meat was all that gourmet either (tried it twice). The margaritas are very good however.
Legal Seafood is awesome, you can get great oysters and then a lobster roll for the plane.

One Flew South (I think terminal T) in Atlanta was very good. Probably the best food I have had at an airport.

Tortas in O’Hare I thought was great too. I would agree that the margaritas were better than the food. I haven’t eaten at the restaurants in MSP, but if their sandwiches are as good as their retail outlet, Surdyk’s Flights is worth a stop.

Not sure if it is gourmet (or if it is still true), but I always looked forward to the Cuban sandwiches at La Carreta in Concourse D at Miami International

Cat Cora’s, past security Terminal 2 SFO, had excellent oysters from BC and really good potato chips. You can get to the International Terminal dining spots past security, without breaking security after arriving in other terminals, but it’s not worth the walk.

There is also a Cat Cora in Houston. E gates.