Gewüztraminer Andreas Vineyard 2015, Biggio-Hamina

I thought I was the only one who didn’t “get” Humbrecht. Great note and I understood most of the words!

You also find it to be a blowsy, dumpy, petulant schoolgirl?

Zind-Humbrecht wines are overblown when they are young and they age appalling erratically. I’d say for every five Grand Cru Rieslings I’ve aged for ten years only one has remained drinkable.

I’ve been searching high and low for a decent Gew (with no luck) and I’m absolutely wanting to try this after reading your most excellent review/tasting notes! Unfortunately, I doubt it is available anywhere I could buy it from. I will live vicariously through your words. Well done!

Florida, DC and Oregon. That’s it. It’s stupid fun.

Overrated…

Where in DC? Weygandt?

Ships this Thursday.

and I should think Weygandt would steady on with their support.

When I googled the wine, all I read was 1 review from the OP. [wink.gif]
Nothing on CT. When I went to the website, Todd suggests that I call him.

Todd, anyone in the NY Metro area selling this? Cost?

I just spoke to Todd and ordered a half case. Free shipping. [cheers.gif]

Did he say what you should call him? His friends have a wide selection of options…

I have friends?

I’m your friend, Toddy!

Awesome stuff. Thanks David.

Just picked up my pink gew at the locker. That stuff is too yummy. And I got my re-load on XVII.

Jason

Thanks, Jason! It seems a lot of you like this so I cannot have been too inaccurate with my note :wink:

I’m trying Todd’s Caroline Pinot on Thursday. I may not be able to report on it instantly as I have surgery on my arm the next morning, but a note will appear when in able!

Anon!

Be well and recover fast!

Cheers!

I am not supposed to bend my right arm or get it wet for two weeks! There will be some badly typed posts reeking of BO for two weeks, I suspect!

Anon!

Yes, heal up and pt well. Be diligent with the pt, it goes a long way.

Maybe I don’t need to say this, but after endless problems including my priceless collection of red Burgundy being stolen, and being stunningly depressed about that and a slew of medical problems, wine didn’t really tweek my tweekable bits any more. Todd sending me wines, at what must have been a considerable cost to him, and me finding them to be stunningly good and tremendously interesting (in the best way possible), has recharged my wine mojo. I am back firing on all cylinders as a wine writer of vast enthusiasm for and epic opinions about the stuff. Any good tasting notes I post you can thank Todd for. As we say in England, he is a brick. He’s certainly done me a bigger favour than I can articulate.

Anon!