Get on this list. Thank me later. Becklyn Cellars

By the way, for those who like Mike’s take on SB (as I do), the Becklyn SB will be $25.

And only 20% more expensive! I’ll wait to taste before signing up for ANOTHER club list. And how many Mike Smith labels does this make, anyways?

Looks like Parker is a big fan of Myriad…enough said for me.

If the extra $10 bothers you, maybe you’ll take comfort in knowing that they’re donating a portion of the proceeds from the release to the Napa Valley Vintners Community Relief Fund to help those affected by the earthquake.

I hope one of you intend to take care of me I my old age when I’m too broke from buying wine to afford care. At least you’ll be able to cage bottles from my cellar and I’ll probably be too senile to notice.

Contacted the winery.
The actual alcohol content is 14.5%.
Where there’s a will, there’s a way…

And bite me Fu…

TTT

The #drinknapa movement following the quake had me realize how devoid my cellar is of Napa wines. If there were just one Mike Smith label to follow- ideally a combo of good QPR and vineyards- is there a standout?

Great question. While I am no expert I can only give my personal opinions. If it’s pure bright and enjoyable you seek the Myriad Napa fits the bill. Its not super intellectual (we get there next with the Crane) but its a crowd pleaser. You want vineyards and you want it to hurt :slight_smile: even a little bit? $ —try the Quivet Pellet or the Myriad Crane(s). You want cool climate Syrah with consistency, sense of place and rich bold fruits? Quivet Las Madres hands down.

Lots of good suggestions there!!!

If you’re looking to buy from one label, I don’t think you can go wrong in choosing either Quivet or Myriad. The cabs are in a similar style and at similar price points, the syrahs are similar (although some folks have a preference for one over the other…see Mike’s post above), and the whites come down to whether you prefer Semillon (Myriad) or Sauv Blanc (Quivet). The good news, though, is that you can sign up for both and pick and choose what you like. It’s not a club, so you have the freedom to take whatever you want. The only requirement is that, if you’re going to place an order, the minimum to ship is 3 bottles (mix and match is fine).

PR? I got your PR right here!
Good job guys.

There goes Pobega throwing away my money again. [cheers.gif]

Great, thanks. I’ve got the Myriad Napa cab and Crane pending delivery, and the Quivet Kenefick in the cellar now. Guess I’ll need to pop some early to see if these are in my wheelhouse.

Thanks for the reco Mike.

Rama, always good to pop one and see for yourself.
Fortunately or unfortunately so depending on how you look at things, this is a great price-point to be in for such a well made wine.
You are very welcome, well nearly all. :slight_smile:

Moi? Just down in the cellar looking at my Panek collection, but that’s not your fault. I’m solely to blame for that one.

Jay, not you . I know where your heart is.

Another addition to my homage to Mike Smith in my wine cellar. With where Cali cabs are on price point, it is still nice to find wine of this quality under a c note.

You wouldn’t know approximate proportions by any chance?
Thanks!