Gas Grills?

Depends on what shape your firebox is in- I had the Silver C for about as long- replaced the bars a couple of times and the burners once, but only gave it up when the fire box had deteriorated to the point of no return. Bought a new weber and will do it again for the next 10-15 years.

Had Weber, replaced and refurbished as mentioned above. Loved them, my wife loved them. Felt the need to go high end Dacor. Ended up giving the Dacor away as in free and going back to Weber.
Weber has made a few design blunders though in more recent models imho but from a performance standpoint still spot on.

My Webber is 15 years old and I just rebuilt it for around $100. A bargain compared to a new one.

Any great blog posts out there about the rehabilitation of a Weber gas grill?

DCS [cheers.gif]

An excellent product, but since the OP thought $800 was a lot for a grill, I think $2,000-$3,000 will a stretch. neener

Don’t know about blog posts but most Weber gas grills are easily rehabbed. Parts are generally available through Weber and there are plenty of grills offered up through Craigslist etc that are suitable as is or for parts.

Not any more since they sold old. Build quality is not commensurate with pricing.

The original DCS guy now formed a new company Capital Cooking.

I heard that, but have not seen a grill in person.

Webber is the way to go . Solid, dependable, reliable- parts easily available. I rehabbed a 20 year old one last year for about 125. New burners,bars, grates. Works like new- other than manual lighting.

Sure others have some bells and whistles.

Does anyone use the side burner? I think I have 2 times

Another vote for Weber. Sits on my deck at the beach house year round and works like a charm. Rock solid. Once a year scrub down and putty knife scrape and new flavorizer bars from Home Depot every 5 years and good to go.

Nothing else I’ve had compares in durability.

Oh, the electric igniter died. But who cares?

Yet another Weber vote, I am too cheap/practical to spend thousands of dollars on an outdoor grill. At least for me there is a limit to the number of times you can replace bars, clean up, etc., since this sits outside even if protected I found that 10-12 years is all I can get before these lose structural integrity. I splurged on a Summit model last time from one of the large appliance drop shippers and have been pleased. It doesn’t cook the same as a Genesis, can’t get the temp as low, wants to flare up a little more, and I still can’t get a good result with planked salmon; but it goes to 700 degrees, is larger, and seems more durable.

I am really surprised that nobody here is extolling the wonderfulness of a Big Green Egg, it’s the happening thing to have amongst my co-workers.

There is plenty of BGE love on this board- but this is about gas grills.

I knew they were sold some time ago. My DCS is 15 years old purchased prior to the sale. I guess if it fails I’ll be looking at Capital. My friend has a Weber Genesis and admittedly he can buy two more and be out a little more than what my DCS cost. Very nice grill for the cash invested. If I could not purchase a grill of similar quality to my DCS I would consider the Weber. He does regularly note how my “boat anchor” DCS outperforms his Weber in every way though. [wink.gif] A Porsche will outperform a VW but they will both get you to work right? YMMV [cheers.gif]

Old school DCS would be my only choice. Alas, the new product has weld deficiencies on the lid just for starters.