Fresh hop beers- which have you had?

Silver city citra wet hop…meh

Went to Brauwers yesterday, they still had a ton of fresh hops on tap. The Reuben’s and Fremont were excellent. The Elysian was okay.

Michael

I had the 2014 Sierra Neveda Wet Hop IPA yesterday. I thought it was good to very good, but I won’t be buying again. It was maltier than I’d prefer, and it had an odd underbrushy element to it, too.

Breakside Brewing Equinox Fresh Hop IPA was very good.

I went to 2 of our NW’s fresh hop fests in Hood River & Portland. I tasted roughly 50 different fresh hop beers between both events.

My highlights from the Hood River event:

The best of the Fresh Hop Fests was today in Hood River. Quite a few brewers we’d never seen before - Backwoods; Big Horse; Ex Novo; Ice Harbor; Stormbreaker; Thunder Island; Wild Ride. I didn’t make it to all of the newbies, but of the ones I tried they were largely forgettable.

Citra was the star of the show today – Pfriem Family Brewers Fresh Hop Citra Pale & Elysian Brewing Kama Citra Wet Hop Pale were damn good. We brought home a growler of Pfriem’s from the tasting room. Won’t last long! Per the catalog there were just 3 brewed with just Citra (we missed the 3rd).

Winners’ included:

Double Mountain Brewery & Taproom’s Killer Red (perle) (on cask at the brewery with pizza)
Fresh Hop Seizoen (fuggles & goldings) by Logsdon Farmhouse Ales, LLC.
Sodbusters II: Fresh Hop Boogaloo (simcoe) by Gigantic Brewing Company
Off the Fence (cascade) by Crux Fermentation Project
Wet Hop Dry Hopped Helles (cascade) by Base Camp Brewing Company
Fresh Hop Pallet Jack (citra, simcoe, amarillo) by Barley Brown’s Brew Pub
Boom Biddy Bine Bine (hallertau) by Upright Brewing

Solera Brewery’s Down the Rabbit Hole (simcoe) was the worst beer of the day. Which is disappointing as last year’s Chubby Bunny was the star of the show.

I’ve been enjoying Sensi-hop from Six Point. At 4.7% this is much better balanced than any session IPA out that I’ve had. Wish they could make it year round.

Realized this week that Fremont brewed 3 different Cowiche Canyon fresh hop beers this year. Although I enjoyed the “original,” the one I had tonight with Mosaic hops was fantastic!

I’m bottling my Mosaic fresh hop home brew this weekend. :slight_smile:

Sounds rad and delicious

I picked up a four pack of Founders Harvest Ale today. Don’t think I’ve ever had it before. It was $15 for the four pack. Seems pricey.

Recently I have had Port’s High Tide and Great Divide’s Fresh Hop. Both were excellent with a slight edge going to the Great Divide.

Jason

Those are two really good fresh hopped beers.

Cheers,

Bud

Had the Fresh Hop Great Divide last night. Pretty good pale ale, but also a tad malty. More like an American ale.

Fat Heads Hop Stalker canned 12 days ago, pretty good.

Drinking the 2014 Deschutes - Chasin’ Freshies This year they featuring Mosaic hops. Nice aromatics and a creamy element with the fruit being battled by the bitterness. The bitterness slightly winnin’ out. Decent enough.

Jason

Born Yesterday from Lagunitas is delicious!

Too many to count.

Cheers!

recently :wink:

What does time have to do with anything, those brew’s are still being made today and are still very very very tasty. People need to try as many different styles of beer to have a comparison to make. There are alot of very very very very tasty brew’s outside of CA/west coast areas. These brew masters are really trying to put out some pretty tasty brew’s. Please do not put down their brew’s because you/other’s are only hooked on a particular style or region. Clean your pallete, discover other styles of beer, open up alittle.

Cheers!

because fresh hop beers change significantly in profile/flavor each year? Even from the same brewery?

Rather confused about the rest of your post.