For the Loire Cab Franc Fans: Geeky pleasure for $17

I’d jump all over that!! Jealous, but K&L does not ship to FL. An amazing vintage for Loire CF.

thanks for the reminder about the ante! been meaning to grab some.

My sis lives in Dallas she can ship it to us

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

That is correct. I culled the remaining bottles.

The Plouzeau Les Clos 2011 is up on cinderellawine.com @ $16 with free shipping on 6. I grabbed 8 based on your review, thanks!

Wine-Searcher (not Pro) is a wasteland for these wines. I can’t seem to find many, if any retailers carrying Chateau de la Bonneliere. Hi-Time is the only west coast retailer showing any inventory - the 2011 Les Cornuelles.

Any other recommendations? I’m looking to grab some 2012 Baudry Les Grezeaux soon, but other than that I have little to no context for the region. KLWines has a number of wines from Joël Taluau and Domaine Les Pins. Secwines has a number of Jean Marice Raffault including some 2010s. Certainly feeling a bit lost here.

I went for a 6 pack.

I really like the Clau De Nell wines (Cab Franc and Cuvee Violette). They have polish but still show Loire typicity IMO.

Breton and Joguet wines are also very nice.

Me too.

I am a big fan of Domaine Guion in Bourgeiul. Chambers sells it, and I think fellow Berserker Robert Panzer does too. Insane value for the money. Definitely on the lean, sharp and mineral side, but weightless and drinkable. Some vintages have been brett affected, but on the whole I think the wines are fantastic.

Just picked up 6 of the 2011 Plouzeau Les Clos from Cinderella Wine. Good call Daniel!

Just snagged a 6 pack as well. I appreciate you posting on a quality sub $20 wine that I am totally unfamiliar with and kudos to Cinderellawine for paying attention to Wineberserkers and seizing the moment. Well done!

Oh shat, the pressure is on!

Ps. Michael is right, Guion is very strong!

If it makes you feel any better, I bought my 6 pack based on John Gilman’s recommendation, not yours! neener

Lemming!!!

Who is this Gilman dude? :wink:

Just finishing a second bottle after day 2. More fruit and richness than the first bottle last month. Not nearly as austere and more balanced between cassis/black cherries and leafy greens with white pepper. (My wife said it smelled of Kale on the nose). Great full texture and freshness here. Still understated but I’m diggin’ it.

Alfert, if you see this, I would urge you to seek out the 2013 Saint Cosme Cotes du Rhone. Delivers a similar pleasure for an even lower price.

^ echoed. Gone through a few bottles of this here in Houston after tasting it one night at Camerata. Love finding high quality stuff at daily-drinker prices.

This Ante Phylloxera wine is super interesting after everyone on here has weighed in with their thoughts. A few places in town just got in Rougeard too so it’s an opportunity to actually taste it.

Wine Library has the aforementioned 2012 Plouzeau Les Cornuelles for the same price as the 2011 Les Clos. Will likely take a flier on that soon. Gilman gave it a 93+ but it’s more the tasting note that has me interested. I don’t expect it to move the needle that much, but at $17 it doesn’t have to.

These are both staff favorites, and which one is the bigger hit is based on style preference.
The Cornuelles is more of the earthy style, and only a tinge of green, while the Les Clos is a bit more ripe and round, and still have great Franc character.