For Sure My Best Carlisle Ever...TN: 2014 Carlisle Zinfandel Pagani Ranch Sonoma Valley

god, this stuff is dynamite. It’s worth a re-post, with a new TN–so good.

• 2014 Carlisle Zinfandel Pagani Ranch Sonoma Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (3/26/2017)
    This stuff is the real deal. Polished off a bottle of this tonight over margarita pizza and it was just firing. Acidity, blue and black fruit, juicy and just a delicious bottle of Zin. A repeat of the experience from 2 months ago, and I have said over the years that when a wine can impress, stand out, be really something in more than one setting/occasion, it’s a confirmation that what is under the cork merits high praise. Here it is. Gorgeous.

Posted from CellarTracker

Darn, wish I had more than 2! Wasn’t planning on popping one for a few years, but…

Yet another bottle, this one drinking as superb as the previous two. Extraordinary wine. PS–Happy birthday weekend, Mr Brig Campbell.

• 2014 Carlisle Zinfandel Pagani Ranch Sonoma Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (9/10/2017)
    my god, I simply love this stuff. Yet another bottle goes down and this one too showed with such class, it’s really why I love drinking the best of what Mike can craft from zinfandel. This has a dried red fruited quality, with shades of blue, perfect balance and the most lovely acidity. I said in a prior TN that this for me could be the best red wine that Mike has ever made and the bottle last night affirmed again my belief that this is truly the best of what Mike Officer has to offer. Really extraordinary Zinfandel.

That wine does not suck.

This is a spectacularly balanced and elegant wine. Deep maroon color but has that “zin” hue. Red berries and light cherry. Good spice. Medium light weight. Beautiful wine.