Food near LAX

Btw, Felix is totally booked for the week, and people line up outside BEFORE the doors open at %:30pm to get an unreserved bar seat. If you did want to go there, make sure you are lined up by 5pm or you risk waiting for a bar seat.

If you’re curious about Felix, it’s the third restaurant Scott Conant visits i nthis video

At those times, don’t consider anything further than MB or Venice.

The one I know is in Venice.
I’d do Gjelina, assuming your bags are checked through and you have precheck.

I think on average isnt the best measure for the airport. What is the 80th percentile? Otherwise you are accepting your chance of missing the flight to be more than 20%. If there is another flight that night, that’s one thing. If the flight is international, that’s another.

Going through security at TBIT is a mess, even in business class. Google “security shortcut TBIT lax” and you should find a very valuable tip if going that way.

I agree that you should be careful about travel time. Don’t even think of trying to go to downtown or somewhere as far as Hollywood. I would indeed shoot for one of the Manhattan Beach spots as you can also take a side walk and check out the ocean. You can get up into Venice or even Culver City on surface streets, so you’ll have enough time for those. I think Lukshon is pretty damned good. I’ve still never been able to get into Felix, so forget it unless you can be there at 4:00 to wait.

This make a lot of sense to me. I’d go to Gjelina on Abbott Kinney and then stroll the canals or shop around on Abbott Kinney. If you’re a coffee drinker you’d do pretty darn well on Abbott Kinney too. Plus ice cream at Salt and Straw. It’s not too far from the airport…we’ve gone straight from the airport to Gjelina and Abbott Kinney before going to our hotel.

I vote MB Post - had a great meal there last time. If you are too early for dinner, and need refreshments, the Simmzy’s around the corner had Pliny the Elder on tap when I was there about 5 weeks ago :wink:

Well, it’s not upscale nor does it have a good wine list, but Coni’Seafood is flat-out awesome. Their aguachile, marlin tacos, and grilled robalo can be revelatory.

Fly safely today Chris!!!

Let us know where you’ve decided to go!