Food Documentaries & TV shows

Watched “For Grace” last night. Enjoyed the movie and have a positive view of Curtis Duffy as a chef and mentor. Being a chef or restaurant owner is such a grind. My hats off to those that stick to it.

I really enjoyed Ludo Bites when it first ran and now Sundance is streaming it on their website. It’s a really fun tour across the country with Ludo and his wife cooking in all sorts of places with appropriate French commotion and foie!

http://www.sundance.tv/series/ludo-bites-america

We watched For Grace last night and I loved parts of it but disliked some omissions. The lack of his ex on camera, in any fashion but still photographs, tells you all one needs to know about their relationship but still it was really uncovered territory. The “explanation” of the stinging rebuke without any onscreen commentary from Charlie Trotter seemed ludicrous to me. Clearly nobody just gets a check from class-action litigation without participation, and I believe that participation must be in writing.

I feel ultimately we are more interesting in dining at Alinea than Grace. FWIW both Mel & I found the business partner weirdly fake, without knowing anything about him at all.

Not serious but really fun “I’ll have what Phil’s Having”. PBS show, season 1 streaming on Netflix.

It’s been a real wasteland for me ever since Paula Deen went off the air.

+1 on this, its very entertaining