Flannery Boneless Ribeye CA Reserve 30% off

We used to drive into the city and pick up a bunch of NY Strips and hanger steaks. Loved them. Now I order from Flannery as it is just easier.

Lobels are very good as are Flannery steaks. Lobels is very expensive… when Bryan is running a sale (like now) if you order a bunch of steaks they work out cheaper. I bought a pile of 20oz ribeyes from Byran this AM… shipped it is about $40 per. Lobels are about $65. I bought them for a Memorial Weekend BBQ (plus 2 for the freezer) and the sale was timed well… When I need a single hanger steak NOW… for dinner TONIGHT Lobels fills the bill.

I have not had steaks ordered from La Freida (have had them at restaurants) they are great in restaurants (is the web customer quality equal??)… the pricing again seems way above Bryans.

That’s good enough for me. And now I’m off to order.

ditto

I forced myself to order a dozen CA Reserve steaks and, since I was on the site anyway, I somehow managed to accidentally order a couple of burger blends. It is amazing how that happens. Ground dry age been ends plus Waygu Suet make for one weird burger.

We also had the hangar steaks last night for dinner with a 2008 Carlisle Monte Rosso Zin. Delicious. Both.

Really? I accidentally ordered some skirt steak while getting my ribeyes. I accidentally ordered some burger blends during the earlier sale so I didn’t need to do it again this time.

I wonder how this keeps happening to people? newhere

A group of us had a burger and Bordeaux fest a couple of weeks ago. They were the best burgers I have had in a long, long time. Happy accident!

I definitely accidentally ordered some skirt steaks while ordering my ribeyes last night. I end up unrolling the skirt steak and searing maybe 6" segments that take no time at all. They taste like buttered popcorn and are amazing.

got mine! Also got some dry aged hanger steak beta testers to try out. nom nom

This group is a horrible influence. Now I have to find freezer space for 5 (make that 4, since I won’t be able to resist trying one) 20oz ribeyes and a couple each of the mismatched ribeyes and strips.

Mine landed today, box full of goodies. My freezer is officially maxed at this point after this and some gorgeous looking prime beef from costco this past weekend.

So what are your experiences freezing steaks? I never do it, but will have to freeze a couple of my order this time.

I’ve had good luck with freezing. I usually dry the steak with a paper towel, freeze the steak in a food saver bag, then vacuum seal the bag once the steak is frozen, but before ice crystals form. Waiting to seal keeps the vacuum from compressing the steak and squeezing out juice.

When ready to cook, I’ll thaw it in cold water, which doesn’t take more than 30 minutes to an hour, changing the water if it starts to get warm.

I just throw the steaks in the freezer as is from Flannery. If I remember, I’ll thaw in the fridge. If not I just throw it in a bowl of water, let it thaw, remove from bag, dry with a paper towel and let it come to room temperature sitting on the cutting board. Haven’t had any issues with this method.

I just toss em in the freezer as is. If you have a sous vide machine, just go straight from freezer to sous vide. ez

Great steak leftovers are a crime. But I haven’t purposely frozen a steak in 20 years. Will be interested in your findings, Alan.
I got to within a click or two, but turns out, even on sale, I can’t bring myself to 30 bucks a pound plus shipping for steak.

threw one on the grill , delicious. One of the best rib eyes I’ve had in awhile. I forget how good his ribeyes are, haven’t gotten one in awhile!

But the 18 day dry aged hanger steaks are out of this world. It’s already a very strong earthy flavor but that dry aged just adds on this awesome nutty component.

Some
Photos
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Dear god that looks good! Mine shipped today and will be served at my BBQ this weekend! Should make 27 guests quite happy :slight_smile:

re: freezing. I always do it. For steaks properly vacuum-packed, I notice no difference for at least 3 months and maybe as long as 6 months.

If you don’t freeze steaks, how do you order a loin and break them down yourself? Eat 10-15lbs of steak every time you place an order?

I like the idea, above, of putting the steaks in the vacu-bags and then putting them in the freezer to harden up before vacu-sealing. Interesting approach. Not sure the little bit of juice that comes out of the steaks when you just go ahead and vacu-seal them matters, really not any more than what you wipe away before putting them in the bags anyway. But absolutely worth a try if for nothing else than the fun of experimentation.