First time visit to Tuscany -- winery tours/visits?

I don’t know if it’s still offered, but my wife and I had a very enjoyable visit at Altesino a few years ago that included a “tour of the winery with wine tasting and light lunch” for a very reasonable €25 per person. I concur with the others regarding Uccelliera, especially if Andrea is around to meet with you. Additional Brunello producers worth visiting (IMHO) are Stella di Campalto, Pian dell’Orino and Valdicava. For Chianti producers, we enjoyed our visits to Fontodi and Castella di Ama.

Hey Randall,

Would love to hear a bit about the trip and what the main “hits” were! We’re going to Tuscany (4 nights in Florence, 10 near San Gimignano since it’s so central) end of October and don’t have too many specifics nailed down and would be suggestible to recommendations.

Thanks,
Tim

By coincidence, we had a very charming & very much alive bottle of their 1968 Chianti Riserva on Saturday. Indeed I bought the bottle after a friend had described his visit to Monsanto and the ~ 8 old bottles of 1968 Il Poggio in the cellar. OK I couldn’t find one of those, but it was a nice surprise for him at dinner, and an equally pleasant surprise it was still going strong.