Ferren Wines release: are you buying?

I was tempted, but I went all Chardonnay. I never seem to have enough white (champagne/chardonnay) around but now that you mention it, I never have enough red either.

placed my order yesterday… love the chards and dipped my toe into the pinots

(ps I do appreciate the mag prices being 2x)

Will continue to buy/support. Matt’s chardonnay’s are the real deal. Only problem is the scarcity of the Frei Road chardonnay…the bottle of the 2014 vintage I had earlier this year was absolutely gorgeous.

Just got a save the date for September 18th.

I got a save the date but I never signed up for their list…

Do these taste like Arista?

IMO they are similar in style, but the grapes are sourced from different vineyards, so there are (IMO) some differences. I actually prefer the vineyards sourced by Arista, so I am passing on Ferren. Prices are equivalent, so no incentive there. Cheers!

I’m still torn on this. I have been a long-time Rivers-Marie buyer and I feel like that they’re similar enough in style that it would be almost redundant buying. They even both produce single vineyard Pinot Noir from Silver Eagle Vineyard. I don’t remember their pricing, however. Outside of the Sonoma Coast bottling, the R-M prices have crept a little. I seem to remember these Ferren wines were about the same level, if not a notch higher.

Ferren is live…allocations are up for those that have been on the list for a while.

Case + mag. Love these wines

agreed, and I appreciate the mag pricing so I got each Frei

Fantastic chardonnnay. Frei is a perrenial favorite.

Dove in here for the first time with some Frei Road Chardonnay and Frei Road Pinot. Looking forward to seeing what all of the hype is about. I saw recently from AGalloni that Frei Road is owned by the Martinelli family who use the Zio Tony name for this site.

Was I wrong in neglecting to buy the Frei Chard and how is it compared to the Lancel?

Ed,

Allocations for Frei chard were very, very low for the first few years–I believe it may have been a single bottle in 2013 and two in 2014 and 2015. I about fell out of my chair when I saw this year’s allocation, so production might well be way up. I ordered through the entire chardonnay lineup, as well as the SVD pinots, so nowhere close to taking the entire allocation of anything.

Not having had one of my Frei yet, I look to CT which lists the top two average scored Ferren chards as being from that vineyard.

We followed Matt over from Marcassin, and buy his Arista pinots. The SVD chardonnays he makes under his Ferren label are fantastic, and a great compliment to the Arista pinots. I have not tried the Ferren pinots, but given his track record I am sure they are excellent as well.

First time buyer and took all of the pinot offering (2 each).

Just signed up based on this thread. I have a 2 bottle allocation of each wine.

I don’t drink much Chardonnay (unless is fizzes) but doesn’t mean my taste will change later on. I like more extracted Cali PN. Basically a cab drinkers Pinot.

Thinking of grabbing a sixer. What do you guys recommend?