Feb 23rd - offline at Martins West - Redwood City

A year? Hell, that’s etched on his permanent record! neener pileon

Crap.

You could have been at this dinner last night:

I didn’t say I wouldn’t judge them based on what they bring, but in my defense I’ve only used the Cone of Shame once, and it’s going to be busy for a while.

I was looking back through the thread…did Alan give his express permission for Craig to attend??

If there is anyone else who wants to add themselves at last minute please ping as there is room for one or two others.

All: please remember stems and cash.

So, is the theme Loire, or whatever you want to bring, or is it just whatever you want to bring?

Theme is Loire if you’ve got it, otherwise something you’d like to share with this group. Making no judgment on whether that means bring something great, or bring dreck :wink:

Cool, thanks!

Well…I still vote to bring something good!

Dinner should be great, since we’ve been stirring the pot all day!

Great seeing you all. Very interesting and educational with all the chinons.
That Shiraz still has me baffled and tasted blind I would bet no one could come close to guessing it.

Nice to see everyone. Andrew, thanks for organizing.

My lesson, as always: Choose your reds carefully and don’t drink them too young! We should be drinking those 02 and 07 Chinons at some offline when we’re really old.

Dan, thanks for the effort. One day we’ll write an epic tragedy in your honor.

Craig, third one’s a charm! :astonished:

Yeah, that Shiraz was just delicious…and I would have never guessed putting those 5 words together in series. (I still think Ed is right - Harold put a different wine in that bottle!)

Great evening, was wonderful to taste aged Chinon, agree the '07 was infanticide. Age 'em up nice. That’s the Chicago way. Lesson learned.

Thanks for coordinating, great food, lots of fun wine, lots of laughs, and thanks to Craig for pulling my heinie out of the fire with the glassware!

I hoped that Soucherie Coteaux du Layon would get better tonight but it’s still not very good. The Faiveley Chambolle was still really nice. They are on a roll.