Favorite Barbera under $20

Who has this?

Not many people. Young winemaker that started in 2005. Also tasted the Dolcetto, Nebbiolo and Barolo. All pretty good and reasonably priced. I am doing a dinner with him in late Feb. The wines are dist by Marc De Grazia.

Cool. Have access to the book. Will make inquiries. If you have the time and inclination, would love to see menu via post or PM.

I will try to get it to you. We will do the full spread of wines. Dolcetto, Barbera, Nebbiolo and Barolo. It will be Piedmontese cuisine.

Sounds great. I might be pesky about it. Forgive. Love the cuisine and the wines and always want opinions! I’m getting a much wider range of Italy here lately…

You ain’t seen nothin yet.

If we’re talking about the wide range from Italy - yep. Just starting. Probably true other ways, too, but Frappato, Sagrantino, etc. are novelties here (and etc. covers a whole country!). Lots of work still to do in the Midwest!

All these wines should be in everyones cellar and on everyones table.

The WSJ just had an article on Italian barberas suggesting they are underappreciated … Bet on Barbera, What the Winemakers Drink - WSJ …Gary

I had a barbera the other day from Bosco dei Ricci. This was a very inexpensive wine, very little info is out there, and CT seems not to recognize it. Needless to say, low expectations. Very much beat my expectations. Really perfect with homemade pizzas. I think it was like $8 (on sale). Zachys carries this producer, maybe someone’s negociant line or something?

Filippo Gallino Barbera d’Alba $14 or $15
Vietti Tre Vigne Asti and Alba barberas
Michele Chiarlo Barbera d’Asti Superiore Le Orme

Burlotto