Falltacular This Weekend - Tasting Notes?!?

Rat, agree with Scott, you’ll be good, assuming your flight gets in on time. My concern though is for you being diverted. If the winds show up that are being predicted, and the rain with it, I’d hate to see planes diverted out of So Cal. PM me your flight #, I want to keep an eye on you.

Assuming you grab your car, and you’re on your way out of SNA by 430, you oughta be fine. Make sure you look at routing, as you could avoid 5 South and use PCH through Laguna and Dana Point.

I was planning on taking 5. Bad idea?
PM sent

Sweet! Bringing 1.5 of '09 Pax Griffins Lair [cheers.gif]

As long as its better than NYC/Baltimore with snow like last years Johnas Pinot Days fiasco Ill be fine. It will be fun to watch and see either way.

Somebody should Periscope it live.

My favorite event of the year. Drinking fantastic wine in a lovely house, chatting with interesting folks and we get to support an excellent cause…what could be better?

If there was some bacon?

JoAnn and I get to John Wayne at 2:30 — so hoping we are OK as well.
I will keep you posted if we get diverted or delayed.
Coming in via Denver.

See you tomorrow!!!

I am attending = bacon will be present!

I like this idea!

Not sure where we could do it, though, since each room has its own ‘action’. I guess the kitchen is the most full all day, but that’s just video of folks stuffing their faces. What room would be best? Perhaps Jill’s office, pointed into the ‘cellar room’, so we cover two rooms at once? Or the upstairs landing area?

You could also just Live broadcast from the WB or OCFallacular facebook account. limit is 4 hours.

Anybody that’s a member of those groups can live broadcast. I’ll bring an ipad to use for one room.

Well now i’m getting excited!

Larry, since you own the thread here, and we have some folks posting, why don’t we use this thread for event notes and posts from this weekend. Maybe you edit the title to capture the change. If Brig is going to go the Mike Grammer aka Sweater Boy route and TN a crap-pile of wines, this would be a good place to house those comments/TNs.

Any wagers on how quick he gets them up? I bet by 11am Sunday? Since I’ll be living vicariously from the other side of the Ortega Highway celebrating my favorite son’s birthday, I’ll look earlier just in case The Warden crashes early and he can’t sleep.

Not everyone visits the Offline Planner so if you want to see the final list of wines and also the auction items for tomorrow’s big day, you can click here. Then, go to the Event File. When the file opens, you can see some tabs along the bottom which will give you a view into the wineries and people who have donated EVERYTHING to make this event be possible.

Dropbox - Falltacular - Simplify your life (ps–link is safe)

By the way, and I don’t lose sight of this given that I choose to make this event public. We are fully licensed by the ABC, I carry the license in my pocket throughout the event.

It’s gratifying to be able to do this work, supported in large part by a foundation of dedicated people over the years who are part of the Berserker community. Thank you all for being strong advocates for the event and for the money we have raised the last 11 years.

Sounds like a great idea - I will change the title on Saturday as the event gets rolling.

I was in LA yesterday getting my son his first car - a used GTI - and a few hour process ending up taking over 8! It gave the two of us a chance to bond - and a chance for me to show him how the ‘process’ works [wow.gif] One of the fun things for me - he wanted to get a manual transmission (well, I kinda talked him into it) and he doesn’t know how to drive a stick yet, so I got to drive it home!

I am now busily baking bread, and perhaps cookies, and then need to pull samples out of barrels and tanks, get the mags ready for the silent auction, and then attempt to drive down there in the torrential weather that has finally hit us!

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow - and to getting plenty of hugs from the WB community!!!

flirtysmile champagne.gif [cheers.gif] [thumbs-up.gif] [highfive.gif] [welldone.gif] [training.gif] blahblah

We recently helped my Daughter with the purchase of a new car. It was a stick as well. After the sale we drove around Healdsburg residential streets letting her get the hang of stop and go, working th clutch, shifting etc until we got to Lytton Springs Rd. We pulle onto 101 heading south with my Wife follwoing behind us in another car. A few miles later we pulled off the freeway, I gave her a kiss and said the only way to learn is to do and sent her on her way. Took her about a week to really get the hang of it but she loves it now. Says it’s now fun to drive again.

Poker, wine and rain.

• 2007 Anthill Farms Pinot Noir Anderson Valley - USA, California, North Coast, Anderson Valley (2/17/2017)
    Bummer, TCA festival. NR (flawed)
  • 2010 Poggio San Polo Brunello di Montalcino - Italy, Tuscany, Montalcino, Brunello di Montalcino (2/17/2017)
    Cherry and leather. Some barnyard ar the opening but faded quickly. Really nice, classic Tuscany. Thanks Mike.
  • 2012 Carlisle Syrah Papa’s Block - USA, California, Sonoma County, Russian River Valley (2/17/2017)
    3 years since last tasted. Deeply saturated. Nose reminds me of V-8, lots of moving parts. Chalk dust, black olive, charcoal and raw meat. White pepper at the finish. Very long finish.
  • 2012 Carlisle Zinfandel Pagani Ranch Sonoma Valley - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Valley (2/17/2017)
    Fairly opaque. Ripe zin berries, delicious fruity flavors. Ripe plum at the finish. Lots of tannins, this will age beautifully.
  • 2013 Kutch Pinot Noir Falstaff Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Sonoma Coast (2/17/2017)
    Brick color, not fading but not the deep color of typical Pinot. A little cloudy. Hint of brown sugar. Lord this is good. Red berries, rhubarb, tartness, light spice and perfect balance. One of my favorite wines on the planet.
  • 2014 Birichino Grenache Vieilles Vignes Besson Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast (2/17/2017)
    Nice soft grenache, lovely sage brush. Reminds me of Clos de Gilroy. Very enjoyable. Cherry fruit and fine tannins.
  • NV Poema Cava Brut Rosé - Spain, Cava (2/17/2017)
    Never had this variety, trepat? Great rose, not like a champagne, but has a slight bready note. Rose petals, strawberry and a little metallic.

Posted from CellarTracker

Oy, what a day yesterday–so may people impacted, nothing like we have seen in 11 years. Looking out my window now, no wind at all–everything is still. All the LA freeways looks wide open right now, aside from the 5 North being closed in the SF Valley due to flooding from y/day. Radar shows some rain showers offshore.

To all those that tried to get here y/day and made efforts at several airports, thank you. We’re disappointed you couldn’t get here and yet I think a few of you are trying once more. Give it a go, we’ll hold good thoughts. For those who simply cannot, thank you for trying yesterday and we hope to see you next year, we will honor you today from afar.

Many people did make it down already and some of you will be assisting in setup this morning. Just please take your time and be safe. We’ll get the tent re-built this morning and have that as insurance against any final weather that may pass through today.

We’ll have a terrific day, see you all a little later.

Okay, I took some notes. Guessing in the neighborhood of 40. Grammer was somewhere under that number being that he decided to actually speak with people. LOL I’ll start scratching them out today.

As always I enjoyed running through quite a few along side Cris Whetstone as he makes me think. Plus he’s great when I get stumped and can says “what the heck is that??” He’s always quick with response if not witty.