Fake San Marzano tomatoes

That is a great place to get high quality products, I order from them often. They also have tomato concentrate from Pianogrillo that is amazing. They must pack a ton of tomatoes into one of those jars.

Rob, check this out:

Thanks, to me that looks like a lot of fun. “Take a ridiculously large amount of perfectly ripe Sicilian tomatoes”, guess I was right!

I just opened the jar of Corbarino Tomatoes I purchased a few months back and all I can say is wow.
These are sweet and fruity and well balanced with perfect brightness. I put a few in a small dish and crushed them with a for and then placed on top of my flatbread pizzas last evening and was wowed. So much so I ordered 5 more. I have a free ship code if anyone is actually interested. Cheers!

I’m interested in a free shipping code.

OK. My wife has bought me a couple of cans of the Bianco di Napoli tomatoes. Any ideas other then pizza for something that will show them in the best light?

Rob…Mike
The company you linked sells real San Marzano also.
Did you try them?

Also would like free ship code.

A San Marzano slide show: Opinion | The Mystery of San Marzano - The New York Times

I’ve tried the Gustarosso brand they sell, I wasn’t impressed. I’ve had better non San Marzano for much less money. I don’t understand why San Marzano’s are the supposed to be the best tomatoes anywhere. Are the best grapes in Bordeaux or Napa or Burgundy? Definitely try them but try some of their other tomatoes also, this place sells some very delicious products.

You could make a pasta sauce with them.

Genius. Amatricianna it is.

Nice. This is news to me. Are these readily available in local stores?

J

Whole Foods carries then in NorCal.

She is absolutely fine with Cento Marzano Tomatoes. So am I.

At Whole Foods in Downtown LA.

This thread inspired me to order a few cans of Bianco Dinapoli from Amazon and we made marinara with them tonight, served with Martelli maccheroni and RWC olive oil (Grati Vetrice, which hasn’t aged as well as their Prunatelli this year). They’re good for canned tomatoes, rich with a good acidic zip, and I like that they’re organic. But they still taste canned and the sauce has a canned-tomato texture. Price is $7.50 there, am assuming that’s more than at WF. I need to give the Gustiamo tomatoes from Mt Vesuvius a try but they had better sing and dance for $14 a jar. If they’re as good as the Martelli pasta that Gustiamo also imports, they just might :slight_smile:.

Anyone here a fan of the pomi (not san marzano) tomatoes? They work really well for me in that they taste less canned (possibly because of the tetrapak like packaging) and are very consistent in quality.