Fabulous Fevre Fourteens

Just tried the Champs Royeaux a couple days ago—not mindblowing but definitely on the very good side, rare enough for their generic. real bracing nature to it. I am looking forward to the 1ers of all producers when they get onto the shelves. Nice, as my Chablis stock is very low right now :slight_smile:

Mike

I did lot of comparative tastings of his Champs Royeaux ( around CAD $24 in Quebec ) pairing with his ( domaine ) simple Chablis ( around CAD $28 in Quebec ) from the same vintage year. My conclusion is : I do not mind keeping on buying and drinking his Champs Royeaux,

I did lot of comparative tastings of his Champs Royeaux ( around CAD $24 in Quebec ) pairing with his ( domaine ) simple Chablis ( around CAD $28 in Quebec ) from the same vintage year. My conclusion is : I do not mind keeping on buying and drinking his Champs Royeaux,

What is the difference between Champs Royeaux and the village Chablis?

Champs Royeaux is a negoc and the village Chablis is a domaine.

In Quebec, Canada SAQ sometimes released : Fevre - Cote Bouguerots and Fevre - Bougros…in the same vintage.

I did side-by-side tasting of both of these 2 g-crus. Despite the fact that Cote Bouguerots is priced 10 to 15% more than Bourgros, I concluded that I do not mind to pay little more…for more staffing and more of everything !

But not the Champs Royeaux and their village Chablis.

I usually prefer the Domaine Chablis to the Champs Royeaux, but it’s hard to complain about either wine, esp in years like 2014.