Expensive week...

In terms of major collectibles, wine is still relatively inexpensive. Think what kind of collection you could build for the same amount of money as a single painting by a second tier Impressionist.

“Leading the sale, Camille Pissarro’s Le Boulevard Montmartre, Matinée de Printemps defied presale expectations, selling for £19.7 million ($32.1 million).” Sotheby’s Feb 2014 equals 1900 bottles of Romanee Conti

If you’re having buyers remourse, I’m more than happy to take some of your bottles as cost :wink:

I’m still trying to decide what to do with Colgin. I have bought the last few vintages but $450 and $500+ all in starts to get where it is hard to rationalize this. I liked them better at $300

Bob

Jim I feel your pain… they all seem to hit at once and this week my pocket book took a big hit. However, I looking forward to the rewards.

Aw man, I missed the fun! All the good stuff is edited out. Somebody shoot me a text before the [berserker.gif] disappears. [help.gif]

Hey, does Screagle take trade ins? I’d love a mag and 3 bottles in the OWC of 2013, and I can send them my 2008 Toyota in return. Probably better resale value on the wine than that car.