Ethnic Foods You Just Don't Get

I think Thai food is like Mexican food; when it is good, it is amazingly good. Bad Thai food can be dreadful.

I don’t get sushi and stopped trying long ago. Just give me some pork tamales.
Thai food can be great. Couple weeks ago we sent out for Thai for lunch at some local joint. Greasy, deed-fried–it was like Thai food you’d find at the county fair. Yuck.

Mexican Ceviche. [barf.gif]

Come down to Florida! Cuban food is plentiful and cheap.

I was not clear. I love Cuban food, especially lechon asado. What I do not particularly like is rice and beans. I’m not a rice guy. I do like black bean soup with chorizo.

Cabbage rolls

Does anyone actually like Lutefisk? I’m skeptical that even Norwegians like it…

Sick f*ck. I don’t get menudo

Nearly enough.

Tuna noodle casserole and it’s cousin, the tuna melt.
Velveta fake-cheese-if at a sporting event someone near me is eating the sh*t as “nacho dip”, I gag. It’s cousin pimento cheese is close, and cheese logs suck too.
Mayonaise on any sandwich that includes meat.
Balogna. In North Carolina and parts of Virginia, fried balogna with mayo, lettuce, and tomato is called a Mule Burger. First time I asked about the name the gal serving em up said “Cuz they smell like ass”.
Spam. Cheap ham. Canned meat too, canned ham, canned chicken, canned beef, all utterly disgusting.
I credit Americans with the World’s foulest food.

What ethnicity is this?

One of my greatest guilty pleasures is crispy Spam musubi. I consider it to be Hawaaian food.

I agree with the person above who doesn’t like that pickled herring in cream sauce fish thing from Norway. My wife, however, loves it!

Blood sausage is on my ‘no thanks’ list.

Raw octopus is too chewy.

I avoid brains, simply because they are brains, but it has no ethnic basis.

In general, our family will put almost anything in our mouth’s at least once.

Heh.

I don’t mind fugu, but I agree; Bruce is disgusting.

There is a killer fugu stir fry in ktown. Really good. They also do a soup. It just tastes like snapper and fish cartilage which I love!

Uh, guess you don’t watch Jeff Foxworthy. Not that I do. Perhaps you are so simple-minded and jingo-istic that you believe the word “ethnic” is synonomous with “other than American”. I guess that means if you are other than American, there is no such thing as “ethnic food”. Interesting. Or perhaps, you just don’t get the point that you don’t have to look very far for disgusting food.

+1.
Collard Greens
Chitterlings

Tripe.

No rice, but you like sushi?

• billions. Food of the Gods.

I’d bet even Pops likes pastrami, Guillaume. neener

I strongly dislike foods that have made me violently ill in the past. When I was thirteen, my Aunt served a cake with a greasy buttercream frosting that effin’ killed me. And ten years later, I made an omelet with enoki mushrooms that I neglected to wash. OMFG.

Not a fan of chicken feets, either, and thinking I probably would pass on balut, durian, lutefisk and andouilette.

I don’t find chicken feet inherently objectionable, but they annoy the hell out of me. Meat with seeds.