Eating and Drinking in Sydney

Attica is the one I wouldn’t miss in Melbourne.

I think they take 3 monthly bookings (check their web).

ESP (Estelle by Scott Pickett) would be next on my list.

Vue de Monde and Cutler and Co. I find very overrated…Lume is interesting and a bit challenging.

Now that I am in Sydney I changed the title of the thread.

Our connecting flight from LA to Sydney was cancelled and we missed our dinner last night at Quay. I hope we can reschedule it.

We did hit Golden Century Seafood. We arrived after 11:00 pm on a Sunday and it was absolutely packed. The food was very good. I would have liked to have tried more dishes but the portion sizes were fairly large. Was not as blown away with the signature XO Sauce Pippy dish that everyone says is a must. The wine list is insane! Tons of old Henry Jayer, DRC etc. We drank a 2005 Egon Muller Kabinett.

For breakfast we headed over to Edition Coffee Roasters, a place recommended by Rene Redzepi. Wow it is fantastic. Both the coffee options and the food. We will be going back.

We hit Fratelli Paridiso for a late lunch. Lively place with a great vibe and very good food. The excellent wine list is primarily Italian and mostly natural. Loved the entire experience. Both owners were present and very gracious hosts. They also own 10 William wine bar which we plan to hit.

u should try and get out more robert [cheers.gif]
enjoy

ACME was good. The Crudo dish with chestnuts was the highlight. The pasta dishes were also good.

10 William Street which is also owned by the Fratelli Paradiso crew was outstanding for what it is just a small wine bar with a great wine list and simple small dishes.

NOMA lived up to our high expectations. They did a superb job of highlighting unique local ingredients. Can’t wait to see where they go next year!

Silvereye was truly outstanding in every way. Fantastic food, service and winelist. So far the best meal of the trip besides Noma.

Great stuff Robert. Some great recos for my next visit in May.

Ester was fantastic for lunch. They have a large wood burning oven. We had most vegetables.

Sepia tonight!