Dungeness crab warning

This is a joke right? While fun, blue crab are WAY too small and I end up just giving up because my hands hurt after an hour. I think I ate 40 blue crabs once and then had a burger. Oh and Old Bay is decent but you guys drown the shit in it to the point where the crab becomes an OB delivery vehicle…

We have some family connection to people who own crab boats in the East Bay (SF area). This is going to hurt a lot if it doesn’t pass soon.

No. It’s a zen thing.

40 blues? You’re not supposed to eat the babies [snort.gif]

There’s kind of a hybrid in the blue crabs found in the Philippines, Indonesia, etc. It’s a large blue crab. I’ve never done a side-by-side, but they are certainly similar in taste.

One other significant plus to Dungeness over Chesapeake Blue is that they are much less expensive. I would imagine that to be true almost everywhere in the country aside from right around the Ches., if even there.

My understanding is that most of the blue crab comes from the Gulf of Mexico. Especially if you are in the northeast and eat it year round, some of it has to come from down south. According to wikipedia, LA accounts for almost 30% of the blue crab harvest in the south.

You might want to consult a physician about that problem. [snort.gif]

Bruce

We get it fresh out here from time to time. It’s very expensive (of course), but amazing.

Fresh Dungeness crab on the “spit” in Homer, Alaska- Now we are talking ! flirtysmile flirtysmile