Doctor Jay?

Miram may show up with the helicopter.

FTW

Robert, it’s actually Miran.

Ten days from now I will host a blind tasting competition among friends here in Stockholm. Five reds and five whites. Except for points given to guesses on grape, vintage and region, I have also instructed the participants that extra points will be rewarded for each time they display true affection for a particular wine, like doing the helicopter naked one lap around the house. [wink.gif]

Regarding DoctorJay, I can only attest to David’s observation that there is nothing remotely pretentious about Jay Miller. Tons of knowledge and fun to share a bottle - or two - with.

Zooming in on the doctor issue, this Doctor business can be confusing… Here’s some food for thought. :slight_smile:

Two Doctors??

Oh, and given DoctorJay speciality, here are two more observations.

Psychiatrist Part I

Psychiatrist Part II

Skål! [cheers.gif]

PS. HOW do you embed a video directly instead of the versions above?

I know! I know. Those pesky little keys on the iPhone with my fat thumbs, especially with the M and N being so close, viola!

This is my experience as well…

I know this is a real names board, but I would be more than happy if Dr Jay was allowed to use DoctorJay as his real name and put Jay S. Miller in his signature.

I can’t remember what I had for dinner last night, let alone remember which Jay Miller is which. :slight_smile:

OK, I’m sorry if I’m guilty of trolling here.

I agree with the post (I think on another thread) that said you should not use the term ‘doctor’, unless you can ring your button when a stewardess shouts ‘Is there a doctor on this plane?’.

However I did not know that Robert M. Parker, Jr., Esquire, referred to the ex-psychologist and current wine merchant Jay Miller at ‘Doctor’. I do know that he has been using the earned moniker forever on the boards and do not begrudge it.

I will continue to use my rarer, but easier to earn moniker on this board.

Dan ‘four college dropout’ Kravitz

I have a good friend in Baltimore who also speaks highly of DrJay.

I am, of course, an MD, which they told me at one time was the same as being a doctor (I think I remember this).

Of course in my wine group, I am constantly referred to as “Mr Stimson”, perhaps as a dig, or a not so subtle sign of disrespect, or perhaps they just didn’t believe the Dr. thing (although they are constantly contacting me for free advice), or maybe they thought I was a British surgeon from a bygone era.

Anyway, I want to make it clear from here on, that “Mr Stimson” would be the appropriate form of address.

Then of course we will call you Dr. John from now on!!! [berserker.gif]

I had honestly wondered a few times if (the original?) Jay Miller here was the same Dr. Jay from TWA in the 80s, so I am interested to see this thread :slight_smile:.

Would that I actually enjoyed his music.