Dinner No. 1 with Herwig - urgent venue change to Sole

Please see top of thread for details. I would appreciate getting confirmations ASAP.

I’m going to need to bow out. Have fun!

I’m 50% in.
Have some BS I need to address.

Its not looking promising for me. If you need to boot for reservation count purposes, that’s cool- otherwise I’ll play it by ear and try to make it.

I’m in. Sounds like there’s room for Yang Xiao + 1.

Herwig - Any wines you’d like to try?

So , I understand it will be at the Menlo Park grill . What time ? 6.30 ?
As we drink a lot of French wines here in Belgium , I would love to taste good California or Oregon wines .

I will bring a couple of French chardonnays . I tried to send the bottles by DHL but they came back : the US customs does not allow it . So I will carry them on the plane .

looking forward meeting you all , thank you .

Awesome, Wes! We are excited - if spaces work out for us.
Herwig, safe travels!

Yes, 6:30 is our standard starting time.

I’m in, will find something California

My schedule looks like its clearing up, so please let me know if there is a late drop that allows for one more. If not, I’ll try to catch the next one! Stay dry, everyone.

Sorry guys - I wont be able to go this time. :frowning:

Andrew must be stuck under a piano or something.

Yo Andrew - update list please.
Paul and Larry are out.

Xiao plus one and Jesse are in.
There should be plenty of room

Me and Rama are wishy washy.

Hate to do this, but I have to bow out. Wife is in the hospital with pneumonia, and it wouldn’t look good if I’m out to diner enjoying myself, instead of sitting with her. Apologies to Herwig, was really looking forward to meeting him.

Oh crap, sorry to hear this. Sandi is on the mend from her bout with that. We spent the better part of NYE morning in urgent care when it was at its worst. Hope she gets well soon!

Alan hope Karen feels better soon.

All, have updated list to reflect current situation.

Since the theme is California, I’ll likely bring something from Rivers Marie tomorrow.

Too bad Alan but very understandable ( I wonder if I would be so nice… ) . Sorry I will miss you .

I arrived after a 20 hour trip and even more important , my wines are here too ! I have 2 French chardonnays : Corton Charlemagne 2005 from Bonneau du Martray ( magnum ) and a Coche Dury 2005 Meursault Caillerets .

Looking forward seeing you tonight .

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!!

Herwig, looking forward to meeting you tonight. That’s very generous of you to bring such nice bottles to share with the SF Bay Area forumites!

I’ll be bringing 2 bottles, one of which is not from CA but from Oregon:

2004 Rivers Marie Sonoma Coast PN
2014 Thomas PN

Should be an interesting juxtaposition of a CA PN with age on it, and an OR PN from a ripe year.

We are first timers - just to make sure we get the right address: it’s Menlo Grill Birstro and Bar (Stanford Park Hotel, 100 El Camino Real, Menlo Park, CA 94025), right?

We are bringing two CA Pinot, one older and one young…hope they can be representative.
2005 Radio-Coteau Pinot Noir Terra Neuma
2012 Williams Selyem Pinot Noir Bucher Vineyard

We will also bring 6 Gabriel glasses - extras for our guest Herwig or whoever might need them tonight.

XY & TD