Dinner at Troisgros, words not doing justice to the meal.

I felt there was more Thai and Indian influence on the menu–curry and stays, not the typical Asian influence.

Bravo! Your sentiments mirror mine, as well as lots of other folks who have had the great pleasure to dine there.

Jamin in '83 is a very fond memory, as my wife was quite pregnant with our first child and we took a last-hurrah trip to France. We ate there twice in a week (that truffled egg!). I echo the comments and praise for Michel Troisgros. Maison Troisgros is a great place to stay, too. We won’t get to Roanne this year, choosing instead to stay in Paris for the duration. Maybe…

Mark,

I’m supposed to be going on 11/16 if you’d like to join…

You win the Internet today. I supposed Sunday would be more accurate, but I’m reading today… so, you, sir, win today.

Wildly jealous.

Excellent post on your meal, Alan. I’m glad to know you left some of the 35,000 bottles there for me when we visit Troisgros later on this month. We always have the menu but your a la carte dinner sounds delicious.

I hate to bring up the word “value”, but do you think you lost out trying many different things by selecting an entree + plat principal + dessert, versus the tasting menu? I’ve always wondered about a 100-130E plat principal.

with so many amuse bouches, sometimes 3 on a plate, no. I also had two entrees, plat principal, desserts. And we each tasted one another’s dishes. I couldn’t have eaten another thing.

the 9000 Euro Jayer Echezeaux mags are still there.

I rarely take the tasting menu at places like this any more. In particular I enjoy items ordered for two.

Most of the dishes at Troisgros can be ordered as half portions. I sometimes eat the menu degustation while my wife will make her own menu with half portions.

Troisgros moving in 2017:
http://www.purefrancenow.com/blog/famous-3-michelin-starred-restaurant-maison-troisgros-moving

The perfect restaurant for mine Alan. Food is superb, wine list is superb, service is understated but superb. The attitude of all of the staff is spot on. You feel comfortable and special when you dine here.

Thanks for the report.

Best Regards
Jeremy

I spoke to Michel about this when I was there in the Summer. He described it more like a small Hamlet than a grand Chateau. He also indicated that the timing is still quite flexible. The move could explain the more market driven wine prices perhaps !

Glad to hear you had such a wonderful meal!

One of these days I’ll make it there.