d'Artagnan 30% off flash sale today only

The regular Green Circle is my “house chicken” now since trying one a while back (thanks to some berserkers rec) easy for me as Fairway sells them for $5 or so per lb

I think that was me. I wish Fairway was a bit more convenient for me.

Only the Wineberserkers could make my 8 oz container of Duct Fat seem like a single serving! [wow.gif]

40% Flash Sale for today.

You beat me to it.

No chickens this time but they do have ducks on sale.

Went for a couple Waygu Tri-Tips

Thanks for the heads-up!

Lamb, Venison, Fillets and Hangars!!

+1

I made a goose de Bresse last year for Christmas and rendered all of the fat. Still going through it when I cook cassoulet or potatoes!

And another limited 30% flash sale today. No Green Circle chickens available but I am considering the skirt steak.

Have you bought anything from Fossil Farms? Shipping is crazy priced from what I remember, but I like their prices and products there.

You guys are totally missing the boat not buying their their “duck steaks”
Skin side down in a caste iron skillet for 12 minutes, flip it for another 12. Simple and delicious. Slice it and drizzle it with a 20yr flavored balsamic (I like cranberry).

Who is missing out, picked up 6 a couple weeks ago, 40% off flash sale

I picked up the Berkshire Pork Rib Roast (Rack of Pork), Frenched during one of their sales and finally had it this week – it was AMAZING! I will keep an eye out for future sales…

I forgot all about this. I took the pictures and will try and post here.
F5B9797C-0DA1-4BC1-B62B-1B592209A53E.jpeg
01319BD2-0084-463B-870D-AC59D96BA3B7.jpeg
6CC05B3E-C645-4074-A3E1-90D0395EEEC9.jpeg
720E5E51-42F6-4F8B-96A7-942A76A48269.jpeg
37FCC8B8-5268-4C38-928E-DDD359A58F76.jpeg
A982E9AD-8D08-4D14-9506-AB26FC141310.jpeg

Hurry! I’ve been patiently waiting since October!!!

They are upside down and in reverse order but I got them posted. I’ll try and fix the placement.

One issue that I wasn’t aware of is that the leg arrives frozen. Unfortunately I already had it planned for the next night’s dinner and it wasn’t completely thawed (the alternative was waiting 4 nights to cook it). So in order to get the interior to rare the outside was more well done than I would have liked.

The meat was sweet and flavorful with a lack of the gaminess that I personally like but I know others prefer to avoid. Given my preferences I’m not sure I’d order it again but it was definitely very good.

Sweet, flavorful, less gamey…sounds great!

That said, I rarely mail order proteins because I can usually find good quality meats locally.

Cooked my first D’Artagnan filet mignon last night for me and SWMBO - hands-down the best filets I’ve ever made, and they rank among the best I’ve ever had, even in a restaurant. Melt in your mouth tender, and great flavor - I’m a convert.

Cooked the filets on one side for four minutes on the stove top, flipped them and put immediately into a 425 oven for ~9 minutes. Took them out at 138 degrees for one and 140 degrees for the other. Topped with a dot of butter, covered with foil, let sit for 7 minutes, and served with baked potato and mushrooms and garlic sauteed in butter.

Accompanied by a 2000 Peby Faugeres.

Let the dog lick all the juices off the plate, he was also very happy.