Copain Retrospective--Saturday, 9/19--my house in the OC

Thanks for the trade offers. Leslie I will see you tomorrow night and we can discuss.

We got a small group assembled so far, yet strong palates. In addition, my friend Brian Acacio will be attending.

So, I want to see us post what we want at the table. Of interest to me, I would like to look at these, keeping in mind that I drew a line of preference for wines after the style change (see Post 1):

Kiser Bas and Haut, for sure 2007 and 2009. That’d be 4 bottles.
Syrahs. I’d like to look at Brosseau and Hawks Butte.
Chardonnay. Might be cool to look at 2009 Brosseau.
Roussanne. The 2006 is pretty amazing. I had one recently. Might be cool to just modify the line for this one wine.
New stuff. If I was to ask the winery to ship us 1-2 things from the recent efforts, what do you want to taste?

This is very tempting…

Frank…

I have a 2006 Rousanne left, but, during a wine dinner a few months ago both bottles that we popped seemed to be past their prime. I am more than happy to bring it and we can find out together.

I have 07 Kiser
I have 05, 06 and 08 Brosseau
I have 05, 06, 07 Hawkes Butte
I also have the 09 Brosseau Chard

Let me know what you would like me to bring.

It looks like I can get my hands on 2009 Brousseau Syrah and 2010 Hawkes Butte Syrah via KL. I’m happy to pick up one or both in case I can make it down. Any interest?

Leslie, thanks for getting things started with me in terms of wines we want to select and pour. Let your list stand and see what others come up with and we can mix and match in to get the best lineup. For FWIW, I drank the 06 Rousanne less than 2 months ago, it was drinking excellent and I bought 2 more from Winebid. Just explaining my experience to add to the mix.

Levi, don’t go source anything and spend fresh cash. Instead, I would recommend you trade with some of us, as between Leslie and I, we have a pretty deep inventory. Will you know within a week of the event that you are coming or not?

Works for me - I’m also happy to bring Champagne if folks had any interest. I’ll definitely give you at least a week’s notice - wouldn’t want to totally spring it on you. Sorry for being so wishy-washy.

Brian, Andrew, Tom…we should start to talk wines now. What are you guys going to bring, so that we can see what Leslie and I can do to fill around the edges, as well as give Levi an option or two.

I know it’s the holiday weekend so just drop a post back when you have some time.

I can cover about any of the bottles for the vintages you listed. I’ll can fill in leftovers. I don’t have 2009 Brosseau Chard, and only the 2010 Brosseau Syrah. I’ve got most or all the others. Oh, actually, no Roussane. Just let me know how I can fill in.

Also, I can bring as many bottles as needed. Also, I can cover Levi and/or Brian if needed. No need to trade, I’ve got plenty of Copain I’ve been saving for just such an occasion, and I’d rather drink it at an offline like this.

[cheers.gif]
[welldone.gif] [berserker.gif]

Andrew, this is very generous of you, thematic of many I gave met here through WB and why I have made such great friends here.

Leslie, which 07 Kiser you gots? Bas or Haut, both?

King…are you thinking of coming down 101?

Joe, that would be a long way to come to drink acidic, frail wine. deadhorse Falltacular would leverage your trip, dude. [highfive.gif]

Thanks everyone for offering up a bottle for me. Leslie said she was going to bring one to cover me - let me check in with her to see what she was thinking.

Anyone opposed to me bringing down a bottle of bubbles to get the event started?

I have the Haut

Also. Feel free to look over my list of wines and tell me which one I should bring for Brian. Also. I can send you a CT link to all of my Copain if you would like.

Fish, I took a look at your cellar for Copain, which gives us some good options. I would suggest you pick from the following, with my preferences in rank if you have to choose:

2006 James Berry Roussanne (3)
2007 Kiser En Haut PN (1)
2008 Halcon Syrah (4)
2009 Brosseau Chard (2)

I will bring the first two on your list. However. I do believe I am down to one Roussanne which is no problem. I will bring the Syrah as a backup bottle as well.

Also… I am heading out of town for the week to relax and will not be online much. Just need to clear my head, etc. So… If I need to be filled in on something that cannot wait till the day of the event please text me :slight_smile:

Fish, that works well. Bring the 07 Kiser EH and 09 Brosseau Chard as your commitments. We can see if someone else wants to commit the 08 Halcon.

The way this is turning out in terms of attendance, we can simply open more bottles than people and really taste across a # of excellent things. We can then just send the leftovers home with people.

Andrew, can you now list off what you are bringing. I can then build around you. We need to hear from Tom Moore.

Not this time. Just too many things happening and this is one of very few open weekends.
Hate to miss what I am certain will be a fun night. Cheers.

Alexis at the winery mentioned she would ship down a few newer things for us to try. Not sure exactly what is coming but it will/could be these:

13 Dupratt Chardonnay
13 Wendling PN
12 Baker Syrah

Andrew and Tom, have you had time to look at what you will bring? Leslie, Brian and I need to put our mix down and I want to eliminate duplicate wines.

Can’t wait to hear the results Frankie, I hear the Baker is killer.