COMPLETE (Pics Added): Los Angeles/Santa Monica Rookie Offline APRIL 15th

It was a lot of fun for us. Thanks for organizing, Barry, and thanks to everyone for bringing cool wines to try, I really enjoyed them all. My wine of the afternoon was probably Jon’s Jura Chardonnay, I loved the sherry-like notes, fascinating as I never thought a Chard could taste like that. Overall it was just really great to put faces to names and meet others who love wine. A group of us shared an uber back to dtla afterward and ended up opening a few more bottles at dlee’s rooftop which was fun as well.

The backroom setup at Water Grill was great, I really enjoyed the food and the service was overall good. We’ll have to do another one at the dtla Water Grill, maybe sometime in May?

Thanks for organizing, Barry. Great event! Looking forward to the next one.

Yep, it was fun, and good to meet everyone. Thanks for organizing, Barry!

And I’m glad you liked the Gahier, Fred; I hope we never become as jaded as Charlie’s avatar alter ego!

Good times, fun meeting everyone and trying all the wines everyone brought.

Thanks for organizing this Barry!

Yeah, I had a great time as well. It was nice to meet everyone. I enjoyed all of the wines, especially the Jura and the Hidden Ridge cab. Thank you Barry for putting it together. The room was perfect and was an incredible value.

[cheers.gif]

Wow, that was a lot of fun!!! (Thanks cfu and other vets for the advice!)

We ended up getting the private back-room at Water Grill Santa Monica and it was the perfect atmosphere to appreciate wine and camaraderie over the ensuing hours!

Here is the BEFORE Photo: (L to R) David (dlee), Bryan (bryanc), Anna (my wife), Barry (Barry Paul Price), Jon (Jon A-K), Patrick (Patrick Lundgren), Fred (Fred O.), Jen (Fred’s girlfriend)

Aaaaaand AFTER (Patrick’s lovely wife and cute daughter stopped in to say hello too!)

David did a wonderful job ordering some food to go along with our wine. Our wine line-up for the afternoon was as follows (in order of serving)

Agrapart & Fils Terroirs, Champagne
2015 Schlossberg Cuvee Ste Catherine Riesling, Alsace
2013 Chateau Simone Palette Blanc, Provence
2012 Gahier La Fauquette Chardonnay, Arbois
2015 Sandler Pinot Noir Peterson Vineyard, Santa Lucia
2011 Dominio Basconcillos Vina Magna Riserva, Ribera del Duero
2012 Heitz Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa
2012 Hidden Ridge 55% Slope Cabernet Sauvignon, Sonoma
2010 Mönchhof Robert Eymael Erdener Prälat Riesling Auslese, Mosel

Pics below (reverse order)

I’ll share my thoughts on each wine in another post. Thanks to everyone for coming out! Looking forward to the next get together!

Alter ego?! That’s real life!! :wink: