Color Anyone?

But seeing that I’m wearing a tie-dye shirt today (GD fall tour '87), I like this shot of the 777:
777 - tie-dye.jpg

I love it when they are at that stage. SO beautiful.
And then I remember how much work is coming up. [shock.gif]

Our turn today. Color in David Bruce clone, 115 and 31 Pinot.
color.jpg

Wow! Did you prune early like jan feb or at bud swell?
We went with the latter this year and got almost 2 weeks of frost protection delay compared to neighbors. Thus a delay in colour and picking as well.
My tomatoes are not in color yet either.

Stagecoach Vineyard (our block on Pritchard Hill).

We have too much to prune to prune everything late. I’d love to prune in late March if I had a small piece. At my house in Ukiah we’ve picked our first cherry and a couple of other tomatoes today. It’s ON! BLT’s tomorrow with our own bacon & tomatoes!

I checked in on our Merlot, CS, PS, and OV PS in Calistoga (near a little vineyard that has a few palms trees shooting up within it.)
The OV PS (planted in the 50’s) is truckin right along. About 85% through. Followed by the PS at about 70%. The CS 337 is at MAYBE 15%. The CS 7 is at about 10%. And surprisingly, the Merlot is JUST getting started. Here’s the OV PS:
OV PS.jpg

And gorgeous color in the PS:
PS.jpg

Funny, when I grew Petite, it was one of the first to color and last thing to pick!

I was in Philo last night and saw 10-20% color at the Balo Vineyard. I finally have color in my tomatoes and expect to see it in the PN by the end of the week.

I toured my two Marin County sources last week on the 16th and 17th. Kendric was showing maybe 1-3% color in the 777. Chileno Valley’s 667 was still only 1% or less.

Found a few berries in all blocks this am.
IMG_1837.jpg
IMG_1832.jpg