Clos St Denis

Does Jadot have 2 CSD? One from its own and one from Gagey?

Gagey is part of Jadot.

yes, but it seems they (sometimes?) release a negociant Clos st Denis in addition to the Gagey-labeled version.

Boudots would be an example of a wine that they have both a negociant and domain farmed version of

George Lignier has very substantial holdings in Clos St. Denis. The wines are improving but not there yet, certainly not to challenge the likes of Dujac and others.

2010 Gevrey-Chambertin Combottes and 2011 Clos de la Roche recently were really lovely wines. To my palate, they are there. 2012 Clos St. Denis is on deck. Stylistically quite different from Dujac. Also, Georges Lignier CSD is about 1/4 the price of Dujac’s.

Disclaimer: I sell Georges Lignier, Dujac (and others mentioned here).

Pierre Amiot is very good.

Is the Drouhin CSD somewhat undervalued relative to many of their other grand crus (both in terms of price and notoriety) because it is not a domaine vineyard, or has there been some inconsistency over the years, or some other reason?

I think Faiveley has a negociant bottle as well, but no experience with it, relatively good price too.

They sell them finished wine from what I’ve read. Drouhin just bottles up the barrel when it’s all said and done.

Really? You mean Jouan sells grape to Douhin regularly? I have some '13 Henri Jouan CSD, so that should be from Jouan’s own bottling.[/quote]
They sell them finished wine from what I’ve read. Drouhin just bottles up the barrel when it’s all said and done.[/quote]

Never had any Jouan wines, including their CSD. Note that the few Burghound reviews of the Jouan CSD were so-so, but the CT notes are generally quite impressive.