Chicago OL 12/15?

Mark thanks for looking into this. All options sound great. I am fine with any.

Since Goosefoot is new, the menu looks interesting, and no one has objected; I made a reservation for this Thursday at 7:00pm. Looks like we have four right now and it looks like we could easily accommodate more for anyone who might be interested. I will bring a white as well to start things off.

If preferences change, please let me know…

Looks great. Thanks for bringing us the white to start Mark. I’ll try an bring a little something extra for the end of the night.

Here’s a link to a very nice review (noncommercial review)

sure wish I could make it down for this dinner!

Ok. For after dinner I have a 2001 Chateau Suduiraut I will bring.

Sounds great. I’m looking forward to this.

If anyone wants to put something together between Christmas and New Years say the word. I’ll be in the Barrington area and the city is a Metra ride away. Shipping a case out on Wednesday. -mJ

If there is room, I can make this dinner.
I’m thinking a white burg would be the way to go but could
Always bring a Rhone if the white side is covered?

Mel,

Great to hear you can join us! We have room and your idea for white sounds perfect.

Mark

Of course depending on which Rhone, we may want to give a nudge :wink:

Either way is fine with me, see you tomorrow!

Looks like we also have another joining us who will be bringing a 1990 Rhone as well as another local oenophile who frequents another board, so total now stands at 6. Should be a fun night!

I am really looking forward to this. I have not been drinking many Rhones lately. Also I have never had a Sauternes before so I am excited to try the 2001 Suduiraut. I should have gone with the whole bottle instead of the half since we have more people.

Might have to bring a 1990 contender as well…

I’ll be in Chicago the early part of January, 12-15. Anyone up for something in the city?

We could probably put something together. I’m out of pocket on Jan 12. Any particular interest or theme?