Chicago Area Offline - March 29, Steak & Vine

Hey Todd, I’ve been putting the updates in post #14. Feel free and copy it to the OP.

Ok no Bordeaux…but what about some Cab?? The steaks were great at Steak and Vine…and think I would be having that.

I would be up for this. I’ve been wanting to get to Nick’s restaurant and it would be great to meet some other area berserkers. Not that I’m opposed to burgundy, but I might have to bring an older napa cab or two to wash down my steak!

Todd, I’m just a few minutes west of Geneva if you need transportation.

Greg

Great, thanks!! Will let you know! You in Batavia? ST Charles?

That’s perfect, thanks - I just pointed the OP to that post.

We need an actual theme, I just didn’t want Bordeaux because of the Atlanta tastings just prior

I am thinking I will be bringing an older cab and maybe a Chave Hermitage Blanc to start.

I’ve got a 1996 Dominus that I’ve been waiting for it to hit the 20-year mark. Is that still too close to Bordeaux?

It will sure taste like Bordeaux, but I’m happy to try it!

So we’re doing a ‘whatever the hell we want’ theme?? Come on, folks!

Based on what John is bringing and the wines I was thinking of, why don’t we do a “Wines over 20 years old” theme?

While I do like a nice older cab with my steak, and my small cellar is almost all cali cab and bordeaux, I could support an older Piedmont or S. Rhone theme. That said, I will go with whatever the group decides.

Todd, I’m directly west on 38 - a more recently incorporated village called Campton Hills.

This seems like a pretty fair idea. It let’s everyone choose a region of their choice. But I’m open to a theme that locks in a specific region.

I would be at the 20-year mark…with either the Chapoutier or Dunn Howell Mountain. Or Philip Togni.

Cheers,
JP

Ok, 20 years old or older - sort of an ‘almost legal drinking age’ theme

Ha! Funny story to share…at the offline…

Cheers,
JP

Your group can call themselves the “dirty old men” wine group

I would love to be a part of this and by then I should have a 1 month old baby and will be ready to get out of the house!!

You’re in!

Hello all,

Just saw the thread. It will be wonderful to host everyone. Whatever I can do.

Free food and corkage - done. [berserker.gif]

Wow! How great of Nick to host your party!
berserker of the year!!!