Cayuse Is Live

From another current thread Wait list times - WINE TALK - WineBerserkers

Cayuse wines seem to have a decent, but not crazy uptick in the secondary market- seems to be around 50-75% uptick. HDH has a bunch last time I checked for anyone looking to try some older vintages.

Willing to trade for my allocation for other wine. Have a bunch of previous vintages and wouldn’t mind diversifying.

GOK x3
Armada x3
Mag 5 x2
Cerise x3

Did anyone else see their “quantity wished” increase on certain wish list wines?

I wish the Walla Walla Special #5 was not only in magnum. If anyone wants mine, PM me.

Re: Prices - can only speak to what I have allocations for:

• 2014 Cailloux - $225
  • 2014 Bionic Frog - $285
  • 2013 Lovers - $255 (will pass)
  • 2013 Armada - $255
  • 2013 Walla Walla Special #5 - $175

Re: Waiting lists and allocations
Signed up in Aug of 2007, was added to the list in Oct of 2008 with an allocation of Callioux only. Ended up getting the Edith allocation, which I ordered for 2 years or so and then dropped for Lovers. I was allocated Bionic Frog in 2013 and Armada this time around. While I can’t speak to how they allocate stuff, I can say their customer service has been great.

@Glenn - if we ever meet up, I’m happy to bring a Frog :smiley:

Thx Andrew - we get Frog too, since 09 anyway. Added Impulsivo last year and I’m itchin’ to uncork a 2012. Want Pig.

This will be my 4th year in a row with the same alllocation - GOK and Armada. Not sure what I’m doing wrong but I can’t seem to get anything else added (most of the offerings are wish listed).

Just keep wishing. I suspect it is a bit of black magic balancing long time subscriber wants with newer subscribers requests and adding new subscribers each year. My experience though is once you get a wish list wine you usually get an allocation the following year. Again, this is just based on my personal experience over the years.

This will be my seventh year ordering and I’ve slowly accumulated a bigger allocation. I’ve been fortunate to receive increases steadily over time.
Year 1: God Only Knows
Year 2: GOK, Armada Syrah
Year 3: GOK, Armada Syrah
Year 4: GOK, Armada, Camaspelo
Year 5: GOK, Armada, Camaspelo, Edith
Year 6: GOK, Armada, Camaspelo, Edith, Cailloux

I keep waiting for the day I have the opportunity to purchase Flying Pig, Impulsivo or Widowmaker but until then I’m very happy with what I receive.

Side note, my fiance has been on the wait list for 7 years now as well. I imagine that the list has grown somewhat exponentially over the last couple years with the publicity received by Cayuse.

I haven’t had any wishlist items added for a while. I wonder if I’m being punished for not buying all I was offered (I had Camaspelo for the first several years, decided I didn’t like it, so stopped buying it).

I don’t think so. I’ve gotten wishlist items in years that I dropped other wines.

Man Camaspelo has been hitting on every cylinder the past few vintages, maybe the best 2012 wine period when we tasted thru at 2014 pick-up. I don’t think they poured the 2013 this past April?

Eh. Maybe I dropped it too soon. I think the last one I have is 2010. It always seemed fine, but not unique, unlike the syrahs.

I find their allocation methods curious. My first allocation was in 2008. I have wish listed for everything every year. I have never receieved Cailloux Syrah. I asked them about it and they said Cailloux Syrah was their highest production and they used it for allocations to new list members. I really don’t understand why they have never offered me this wine and new members get it. They also told me “you are getting close”. Weird.

FWIW on the wishlist situation, today I was told I got a 3-pack of Bionic Frog. So my wishlist drought is over!

So, I take it you’re no longer wondering if you’re being punished for not buying all you were offered?!?

Yours truly got a wish list fulfilled for '14 Bionic Frog as well. IIRC that took 6 years.

Tom

No email for me. Wish listed lots.

Bummer, no wish list grant for me either. :neutral_face: I still love you anyway, Cayuse.