Can you, for a day, drink like Winston Churchill?

Nice story but untrue… Though for sure the significant consensus was appeasement, until rather too late.

A summary of sorts: http://www.oxforddnb.com/public/themes/95/95646.html

This is exactly at I was thinking… Good man.

No rest for the wicked…

Could do so for at least 2 days. Then I would likely need a month’s recovery.

BTW, he lived to be 90.

I guess he’s a statistical outlier – like most that live that long.

Starting at 9am, finishing at midnight, male, 200 pounds…about 16 “drinks”. Though that number gets reduced if we’re talking about high alc. craft beers, Turley Zin, a martini or two, or a few of my Tervis tumbler margaritas;).

Not sure what impact a regular regimen would have on more efficient processing of alcohol…

I’ve been on trips to the Douro drinking Port. A dozen or so glasses after breakfast. Several bottles of wine with lunch. More than a dozen glasses after lunch. Much more wine with dinner. More Port afterwards. This lasted for a week. One learns to spit or be like Mr. Churchill!

That’s a good one, but I prefer the Roy Jenkins biography. I think Jenkins was a superb writer, and as a long-time MP himself and an author of several other biographies of Prime Ministers, I think he does a better job capturing Churchill the politician.

Well, after reading Volume 2 of William Manchester’s three part biography of Churchill; The Last Lion: Winston Spencer Churchill: Alone 1932-1940, I would respectfully disagree with the Oxford boys.