California vs. Oregon Pinot tasting and a few Bourgogne Rouge

I like all of Richard’s recommendations and I would add (board darlings and for good reason) Cameron and Evesham Wood. For reference, I really enjoy H-N and find their Bourgogne rouge to be an excellent value. Of the ones you mention having tried, I think Eyrie is the standout.

Howard, do you know what H-N’s production is? Mostly because I think the OR producers that would float your boat would be smaller producers than the group you listed excepting Eyrie.

In addition to my wines, Cameron, EW, and PGC, you might seek out J. Christopher, Westrey, and, in cooler vintages, and Belle Pente.

If you’re game for trying something fun, and inexpensive, PM me and I will set you up with a couple of 2013 Willamette Valley bottlings. I believe Rich Trimpi would approve and it’s one of my favorites for showing what we can do in Oregon with Burgundy as the model.

Wasn’t a country club for me, it was a boat ride/anniversary party in Minneapolis.

Approved. Along with the producer suggestions.

FYI Scott, most OR PNs aren’t meant for the long haul IMHO. There’s no old school Gouges equivalent. Nevertheless, a decent number improve with 5, 10 and even 15+ years.

RT

Thank you.

Free bottles of the OR juice float my boat just fine. Ask anybody.