Cagen gets a Michelin Star! / NYC Michelin Rankings are out

If the date works, I’m in for two people.

I was chatting with Rei about wineberserkers. He said, oh yeah, Ray from wineberserkers left a magnum of champagne here…and told me he’d be back for it at some point!

Funny thing is I’m not even sure what it is.
Guess I’ll find out tomorrow.

Ditto. I’d imagine we can just find a night they are not very busy (though that can always change). Last time we went it was just 7 people at the 630 and that was it for the day, not great for business, but lots of fun for those of us at the 630! I think that was a weirdly quiet night though (just after new years eve).

I’d be very interested if this happened.

So what was the mag you left there?

1990 Pol Roger.

I found out Chef Toshio Tomita’s birth year is 1964, so I plan on bringing a couple of '64 Champagnes to share with him the next time I go.

Sounds like a good night! Love '64 Champagne.

Just wanted to mention that I did another buyout of Cagen and it was once again spectacular. The Chef cooked a special tuna head for us that was simply amazing.

Have a buyout set up for early June.
While I fear continuing to give the Monday buyout publicity might affect my ability to secure future Mondays, I’m happy to give a great restaurant owned by extremely nice people some exposure.

Sadly had to cancel a reservation for tonight last minute do to illness so there’s definitely seats at the sushi bar if anyone is hungry!

Made it back last night.
Full house early in the night. Interestingly Chef Tomita had the two new chefs doing the sushi and he was doing the hot dishes. Rei was just doing FOH. Fish quality was excellent, as always, though the cuts were not quite as perfect.
Hot dishes were outstanding, not surprisingly. A river trout, the filet grilled and the carcass deep fried, and then a wagyu beef with a beef spring roll, scallions, and eggplant.