Buying retail for the first time in years

I’m newer to the game but what does knowing the importer do for you? I was at Sigels today and noticed the Kermit Lynch name on on several bottles?

It’s sort of like having a sommelier. The best importers are very choosy with the winemakers they import, so it can often be a signal of the quality and style of the wine. Kermit is one of the most famous and has brought a lot of wines to prominence (and expensiveness). If you choose the right importer, it will be at least some assurance that the wine isn’t an anonymous mass-produced wine.

I find the WineGlass app sometimes helpful when evaluating a restaurant winelist. Gives you the ability to look at a page of wines rather than searching each one individually (works with CellarTracker)

Uh, duh, you shoulda dropped me a PM! [wow.gif]

I’m guessing you went to a basic, smaller ABC store and not one of their several, local “superstores”. The bigger stores are pretty much loaded up with recognizable names, especially in Bordeaux and some CDPs. There are also a few Total Wines in Orlando loaded up the same way. Not a fan, but not a bad place of last resort.