Boston Restaurant Rec- Wine more important than Food

Spent the weekend in Boston. Highlights were Troquet( a favorite of ours although the Burg list has been hit hard) and a new favorite- Toscano in Beacon Hill. Had a terrific lunch and solid if young wine list. Service top notch to match.

Agree toscano is a good lunch spot. Havent been for dinner.

Although Troquet is my #1 by far, if I just want to raid the list, Prezza has some nice stuff, especially northern Rhone. Nice Italian place in the North End.

Barry- we also had dinner at Prezza and it was nice. They missed on my entree but the other dishes t we had were very good along with a very young 08 Sottimano Cotta Barbaresco.

We’re going to do Toscano’s for dinner next time we go back. Flat out loved it. May not be the best food you’ll ever eat but the total package was great. Just wish some of the Piedmont had some age on it.

I have been going there since the early 80s. Comfortable with a date or alone. They retain their staff (how’s your daughter, Merrill?), their menu is not trendy but current, and although I have been a Californian for 17 years, when I go to Toscano, I often see and chat with other people I have seen there before. Their wine by the glass (glass and a half) is a bargain. Walk from your hotel on Beacon Hill (I recommend XV Beacon, or a couple of steps down in quality and amenitities, Nine Zero on Tremont). Don’t miss The Sevens dive bar, also on Charles. They even take credit cards now.