Boston area OL --Cafe Mangal 3/31 6:30PM

Gentlemen,

Haven’t been on the boards for a few weeks. Is this still on?

Ron, I believe you have me down as an attendee. If you could confirm, that would be excellent and I’ll post what I’ll be bringing tomorrow

thanks

Answered my own question by scrolling back . . . my bottle selection will be coming shortly

see you all soon

I’ll bring:

1991 R. López de Heredia Rioja Blanco Gran Reserva Viña Tondonia

Ron my +1 is back on, so there’ll be 2 of us.

I’ll figure out a red to bring as well…

Gentlemen . . . thinking of bringing a 2013 John Thomas Pinot

These things age forever, but I cracked a 2013 open 3 months ago and with a few hours of decanting this was drinking great

That will be my back up for now. If I find something with more age on it, I may substitute that in. But, since my cellar is predominantly red, it will be either a cab or a pinot

Update…the 2 of us will bring:

1991 R. López de Heredia Rioja Blanco Gran Reserva Viña Tondonia
1989 Couly-Dutheil Chinon Clos de l’Olive

Ron, any advice on parking around the restaurant?

Dum, dum me does not know March has 31 days and shows up at the restaurant and cool my heels until I call Doug to get his ETA. We didn’t feel like waiting 24 hours. [wow.gif] [swoon.gif]
I had decanted the wine at home so we just sat down and ordered.
Instead of my usual lamb chops I ordered halibut which was delicious and the wine was at its apogee. I hope the other and last '88 I have shows as well tomorrow as it is terrific.I also hope Aubrey an astonishing Audrey Hepburn looking beauty is working. [thumbs-up.gif]

See you all tomorrow Thursday the 31st.at 6:30. Parking on the street is usually available at that time. BTW their glasses are OK but I did bring my own.

LOL

I’m glad you still have another '88 Musar to bring as I was really looking forward to it!

I think it was you who actually introduced me to how lovely an aged Musar can be at a dinner with Ron/Katie at Helmand years ago.

Thanks for organizing Ron. Some interesting wines. Loved the Thomas Pinot.

So did I

good to see everyone again last week

look forward to the next one

Yes, that was great. Thanks everyone for the enjoyable company and really nice group of wines.

Likewise, all. Was great to meet everyone for the first time. And the pear wine was the clear WOTN.

[berserker.gif]