Bloomberg - The Great Maison Ilan Enabler

bump… anyone that can fill me in since I have not followed this for awhile… thanks in advance

Salute !!!

Not Pizzeria Bruno I hope.

Who is the “Burg Dude”?

Guessing Burghound

91-94 points Allen Meadows - Burghound

lower points than I mentioned …

91-94 points Allen Meadows - Burghound…2009 Maison Ilan Grand Cru “Charmes-Chambertin”

not too shabby, so his wines were good to exceptional ???

still nobody answered the main question did he file bankruptcy ? did he stick people for money, if so how much ???

I can’t find a single Meadows note for a Maison Ilan wine above 94. Granted I’m not a subscriber so I don’t have direct access to his DB but if the 2010 Le Chambertin Grand Cru received a 92-94 point range score. Given Meadows routinely places top grand crus at the top of his pointing for domaines I can’t help but think that’s most likely the ceiling for Burghound’s Maison Ilan points. Obviously I could be wrong though.

Good, exceptional, etc doesn’t really matter if you can’t buy the goods. Also, my understanding is that score ranges from Meadows are indicative of cask scores. A lot can happen to a wine between barrel, bottling, and sunning in the backyard.

Looks like the Maison Ilan site is still down. And I don’t think the story has progressed because there’s no new info in the public space. I’m certain once new information is publicly available it’ll find its way here…

Highest in his database is for the 2010 Chambertin … A 94

The website is not ‘still down’.

Apologies Chuck, you’re correct. It’s the blog that is down. I found the 2010 Meadows scores online in a PDF from a google search and within the file was a link to http://www.blog.maison-ilan.com which is down. I should have paid more attention though as the PDF I was looking at was hosted on maisonilan.com.

If you ever wanted a clearer indication of how the notes and scores on Ray’s barrel-samples and bottlings differed, this would be it.

I would disagree this BB has promoted to a great extent on this BB, hate, willful intent of malice and contempt for this brand … no way CT scores are correct … just not going to fly, AM I would bet on, rather than a mob of hateful vengeful people that may or may not be alcoholics enraged … [wow.gif]

and nobody has any information as to my questions ??? has this BB lost its balls ? I posted some very simple questions …

Uh… It’s because no one has the answer?

thank you … as one who saw the original business plan I never really followed up on the business and where the project is today … [cheers.gif]

It appears at least one person is trying to find the answer.

Yeah, Bill’s putting together a nice story [cheers.gif]

I cannot wait to see what Bill puts out there in the public space. I imagine it will be eye opening for many, including Ray’s many supporters here.

I have to admit that I don’t regularly follow the MI saga, but at this point given what has transpired, does Ray actually have any supporters remaining here at WB? :astonished:

Actually, having thought about my previous post/question, I’m guessing the answer will probably be yes (although I have to admit I’d love to know why).

After all, on a board this diverse, I’m sure we can still find a few d-bags that think John Fox is an okay dude (and I have one particular poster in mind in that regard, but I’m sure there are more than one).