Best Sandwich? - With Poll

My other is a variant of Chicken Salad. It has to be Curried Chicken Salad on baquette - AKA Chuck’s 39 for those of you in the know. champagne.gif

Philly cheesesteak, hands down.

Ditto. With mustard of course.

Pastrami on rye with mustard on the side.
Second, center cut corned beef on rye with mustard on the side.
Third, tie between BLT and grilled cheese.

But the most memorable was perhaps a year after we were married, and I mentioned that I was hungry. My wife said i’ll make you something special. She brought me a sandwich on whole wheat bread, featuring mustard, American cheese and a pad of Brillo. Gee, thanks. [snort.gif]

can I have avocado on my BLT?

Almost… a Rachel

Hot pastrami on rye with mustard is the credited response.

But a perfect grilled cheese may be the perfect food.

Sandwiches are delicious.

Hot Pastrami and Hot Corned Beef on Rye with Cole Slaw and Russian .

Montreal Smoked Meat…done.

After many dates with Shirley, my late wife, I met my future MIL. She asked if she could make me something to eat. Knowing I could score points I said sure. She asked what I would like and I said anything. She soon brought me a cold califlower sandwich on rye toast with ketchup.
Strange I thought and reluctantly ate it. She said months later when we were eventually engaged she told me she knew i must have loved her daughter when I ate that sandwich. flirtysmile

That is great, Ron.

At least we both got some nice roughage.

This thread is making me hungry. I love a HOT pastrami but rarely order it as more often than not its dry and yellow mustard just doesn’t work.

Philly cheesesteak!!!

Ruben’s are one of my all time favorites but I have to say that my Mother makes the best Ham Salad sandwich IN THE WORLD!

I watched Good Will Hunting last night and according to the guys, a hamburger is a sandwich.

Muffuletta

[/thread]

Cubano
Po’boy
and where is the hot Italian beef with Giardiniera?

Hot pastrami on rye with mustard. Nothing else is even close except for a hot tongue and hot pastrami combo on rye with mustard, or a corned beef and pastrami combo on rye with mustard.

Thank you Glenn.
I of course chose poor boy as one of my favorites. But as one poster noted above, this covers a lot of ground. The original poor boy, which was just french fries and gravy on bread. Or a great peacemaker. Then there are the roast beef with debris, or ham and roast beef with debris. Or a great softshell crab with bacon and a fried green tomato for the new wave nod. The only requirement that is inviolate is the bread must be Leidenheimers.

I would have included pastrami, but the (un)availability of good pastrami, good rye and decent mustard makes it not worth ordering 99% of the time.

OMG - the streams have crossed. Lions are having sex with lambs. Ned and I agree on something!