Best place/person to review Humboldt Pinot Noirs?

David,

Thanks for your interest in our wines. I sent you an email from this site. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Stewart,

Thanks for pitching in on Briceland related threads. How do you (or anyone else) think View from the Cellar compares to Burghound? Does one or the other have more market effect? Do their preferred wine styles differ much?

Hey Andrew,

I sent you an invite for the upcoming 11th annual Pinot on the River “http://www.pinotfestival.com” in Healdsburg, on Sunday Oct 26th…

It’s a good cause, lot’s of fun, and in a beautiful location on the Healdsburg Plaza Square.

Also see Redirecting... for pictures of prior years.

Eric-

I would guess that Burghound is more widely followed. Gilman is more narrative (his note won’t make a concise shelf-talker for you) and less methodical than Burghound. Gilman tastes a lot more widely, in terms of varieties, but I would guess that Burgundy is also his first love. In both cases, if you are from CA, you’ll stand a better chance if you have some Old World inclination. I haven’t done much cross referencing except to note that they are both big fans of Rhys – surprise, surprise!

Andrew, I don’t know your wines which entirely my fault.
You might not know Vinous which is Antonio Galloni’s new venture. The focus is mostly Italian but to my mind has the best CA coverage of anyone. He is also very open minded and responsive to his followers. He is also willing to branch out.

Hi Eric,

Thanks!

It sounds like a very cool event, but I have not been planning events in Sept. Or Oct. I am usually still fermenting and can’t leave them alone while they are babies. Perhaps in a year or two if I have an assistant winemaker…

Thanks for your encouragement, Peter.

We are in an odd place with our winery. We want to increase our name recognition without causing sales to spike too much. Our local customers are super loyal and we want to keep them. Our plan is to offer wines outside of the area, but mainly the couple hundred cases per year that we increase production. Our local sales take up our current production. I’d be afraid that if AG liked something I sent him, it would sell out in a week and I’d loose my local shelf space.

Is that not how it works with the big critics?

Andrew, that is certainly a danger :wink: AG reviewed a few Ojai PNs well last summer and I’m pretty sure that didn’t hurt their business as they now sell out much faster.