Best gas barbeque grill?

I have a 10 year old Kalamazoo and it is a freaking beast. Super heavy and very solidly built. The searing burner is incredible and it is a great grill. That being said, I now use by BGE much more than a gas grill. So, for me, it ended up not being worth the expense. We are moving and I’ll keep the egg, leave the Kalamazoo, and buy a new smaller grill for when I’m not in the mood to mess with the egg.

JD

http://www.cookshack.com/store/Grills-old/Fast-Eddys-by-Cookshack-Pellet-Grill-Model-PG1000

I know you said gas, but I believe this is one of the best grills going for ease of use and awesome flavor. Much better than gas in my opinion.

Weber user here as well. I guess it depends on what you want. Personally, I can’t see paying thousands for a grill, unless you regularly entertain large groups and need huge surface area and other features. Weber is so easy to repair, parts replacement at any hardware store, reasonable cost (even for a higher end Summit, in comparison to others). Plenty of heat (but then, with rare exceptions, I don’t subscribe to the notion of cooking steaks and most other meats/foods at ultra-high heat, the come out much better at lower heat).

I think John’s experience with the BGE is on point. The Weber is a great gas grill. Can you find something better? Yeah, but you’ll pay a lot for a small, incremental improvement. In the meantime, if you are that serious about grilling, you have to get serious about charcoal and the limitations of gas. I grill over charcoal about 75% of the time. I typically use my Weber gas grill only when I’m in a real hurry (i.e. am not preparing something with a lot of care) and for larger groups. For those purposes, I can’t imagine wanting to spend the amount it would take to get something better than the Weber, especially given how easy Weber makes it to take care of your grill in the long run.

Careful with super high heat on the Weber. I melted my fire box. :frowning:

Another TEC vote. Never seen anything get hotter. When you drop the fatty meat on it and you get a ‘tornado’ of smoke coming off it, amazing.

Very good experience with Weber. Well built, and great customer service. If you need a replacement part, you just call them and they mail the new pieces to you, no charge.

Great experience with my Weber also. Good to have the bge too for smoking.

My Dad has a Weber gas grill that he’s used regularly for 20+ years. Damn thing is indestructible. I have a fancy gas grill that costs 4 times more. After 7 years it’s caput. Weber Genesis here I come! The more gadgetry, the more to go wrong and with those high end grills the replace parts are very expense. I prefer cooking over charcoal/wood and only use gas for convenience.

My Dad also has the Weber rotisserie attachment for his Genesis.

Fyi, it kicks ass.

DCS

^this…thing cranks

can it be mounted into an existing barbeque area or is it just a stand alone unit?

standalone unit…

I’ve seen pictures where they were built into outdoor kitchens; may have been in the Weber catalog? Replacement parts for the grill are readily available and reasonably priced.