Best Champagne Values

Don’t drink a lot of bubbly, but I agree on the
NV Pol Roger Champagne Brut Réserve–can get it for about $40

Yeah I loved the Ployez-Jacquemart extra Brut rose I had yesterday! $25/375 is pretty nice.

Indeed, the prices have seen quite an increase in the last five years (paid 25 € for Les 7 Crus in 2012!). Still worth it but for me not among the best values any more.

Savart!

Laherte Freres

So many options; im going to have to see where I can find a lot of these.

“Value” is a curious word. I consume a fair amount of Champagne. For daily drinkers, I like to keep the retail at under $50.

Yesterday, for Mother’s Day, I opened a 2006 Pol Roger that I paid $80 for. Normally beyond my price limit, but man oh man, did it deliver! Value? Hell yes! Gorgeous.

Coutier Brut Tradition is just great and a great value. champagne.gif

Hure Freres. Paulihac-Delalot.

Hebrart is a producer I’m surprised I don’t see mentioned more often in general Champagne discussions (happy to see it mentioned here) as the wines deliver a lot for their prices.

The new Noces de Craie Blanc de Noir bottling from there is beautiful. One of the most elegant BdNs I have had in memory.

Charles Heidsieck, Billecart Rose, Diebolt Vallois BdB.

Bereche Reserve

+1 for Agraparte

If we are talking all bubbles, I think roederer estate is the best sparkler for the price. It easily surpasses in quality many bottles even 2-3 times its price.

Lastly, nothing compares (in my very limited experience) to Krug.

Cheers

Marie Courtin

+1

Chartogne Taillet St. Anne
Gaston Chiquet
Voirin Jumel

1 Like

Sub $35 hard to beat Bonville NV or Aspasie NV ($28 at K&L, total steal). Bit higher really like the Larmandier Bernier Latitude and Longitude champagnes.

Which one?

any experience with fallet-dart?

Agreed that value is an equation. At their price ($60-70) I’m a big fan of Special Clubs.

I grabbed a bottle of the 08 Fallet-Dart, we’ll see how it is.